Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine buys and sells cars and he was asked if he would take this bike in on trade for a truck he has. He called me and asked if I thought he could sell the bike quick for $11,000. I'm sure it would sell sometime but not sure how fast. He hasn't decided to do the trade yet but he's asking around if someone would want the bike. Any of you want a chopper?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0210807399&category0=&fvi=1&item=280210807399

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I didn't look at it real close, but assuming it's as good as the impression,
if I had just a ton of money, I might have a bike like that in my house,
displayed out in the middle of a big room as a work of art.

Would I ride it? Very rarely, and in parade mode only.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I would want to ride it daily, it's kick start only, no gauges, hard tail. I would like to have something like that for a second bike.....or a third, I think I'll buy some sort of touring bike for a second bike :D

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
30 years ago I stripped my only previous new Harley down, a 75 SuperGlide,
it had no speedo or tach, no turnsignals or mirrors, no graphics.

It was only 2 years old, but I had people saying what a beautifully
preserved old classic it was.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I'm with you, Vic. It will sell for $11,000, hell it would probably sell for $15k pretty easy if it is clean (hard to tell in pics). But he is gonna have to wait for the right ass to come along for that seat. The kick start only will turn off a lot of guys. Probably a 4 speed then too unless it has a Baker 5 speed gear set or something along those lines.

Not a quick turn investment I don't think.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Those bikes have really dropped in price since folks have figured out they are only for looks.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only if it's a second party, out of town, post dated check!

The guy never did the trade on this, if anyone is curious :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts