Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this question once and thought it interesting. Hmmm. Things coming quickly to mind...

- Service visits, like having new tires placed
- Bugs
- Sand/gravel on the road

Of course all these pale in comparison to the joys. What would be on your list?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
-I insist on ATGAT so getting geared up for a ride is a pain only superceded by the annoyance associated with a facilities stop when out on the road.
-There is no such thing as a motorcycle that stays cool all over on a hot summers day and a hot part always manages to find my lower extremity somehow.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
-really hot day riding
-really cold day riding <~~(edit: I forgot that one)
-hail
-winters
-sand
-bugs
-people in cars that don't see you on the road
-crashing (only did that once and have been trying to not do it again) :D
other than that riding is absolutly the best therapy for me

·
Enigma
217 Posts
wind
bad roads
rubble strips
water/rain grooves
NO REST STOPS OR SERVICES FOR THE NEXT 200 MILES, and I can only go 150-175 miles on a full tank

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rain
Ice
Gravel
Rain
Idiot Cagers
Rain
Ice
Gravel
:) :) :) :) :)

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh yes, experienced hail twice this year. If rain feel like needles, hail is like rocks! Literally!

Oh, and how about those uneven lanes when one is riding on the rotomilled section but has to get over the 3-4" of new pavement to make the exit! :eek:

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've only had the misfortune to ride in some pretty nasty hail once and thank the lord it was only a few miles cuz it was the worst riding experience I've had, or maybe the worst was coming back from Kansas City once in late october in 30-35 degree weather, that sucked really bad too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Riding behind gravel trucks. Stings like hell to pass them.
Riding behind diesel pick-up trucks. I think they floor them on purpose.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Riding behind gravel trucks. Stings like hell to pass them.
Riding behind diesel pick-up trucks. I think they floor them on purpose.
Ah yes... hanging around trucks while on two wheels. Not good. Today on a ride a truck went over a cardboard box I didn't know was there until it emerged from under the truck. Glad I wasn't following too closely.

·
Liquid Cooled Member
92 Posts
rain
gravel
bugs
cagers trying to kill me

oh yeah, and wind wobble :hidesbeh:

·
Enigma
217 Posts
OH and dust storms and dust/hay devils (cool to watch, sucks to be in one)

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
The only thing I don't like about motorcycling is that I don't get to do it enough. Wind, cold, rain, whatever... it's all part of the experience and makes for great memories.

·
Registered
40,758 Posts
Having ridden all kinds of bad weather, rain, snow, hail, on ice, you name it.... it just makes riding in the nice weather seem all that much nicer. The only thing that really gets to me are other people on the roads.... cell phones, and people just not paying attention to their surroundings.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ahh come on you pansies!!! Quit moaning, shut up and ride...besides, the beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

Did I say I love riding? A bad day riding is still way ahead of a good day not riding.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH and dust storms and dust/hay devils (cool to watch, sucks to be in one)
Ah another memory. Once saw a "rock" devil coming down the road towards me in my lane. Not a dust devil, literally little rocks swirling around as it picked them up from the shoulder. Traffic had me pinned in... nowhere to go but ride it through. I had pits and chips coating the entire front of the bike and the helmet. :eek:

Have to say, have never seen a "hay" devil!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts