Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first post. I just bought a 2015 Road King. I traded my 03 VTX1300 in on it. I had the VTX all set up and comfy. The new bike is great but I dont like the handle bars. I put 4 inch riser with a 3 in pull back on the VTX and it was almost perfect I cant do that with the Road kings handle bar set up. So I think I may just go with a set of Apes. what is the largest I can go with out changing the cable?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Lots of info in various threads in this forum... Search function is your friend. Consensus is 10 inch bars are no problem. Some people have been able to go 12s and reroute cables (even though that's a little tight). You would probably have to go with the Screaming Eagle throttle sensor, though. The stock throttle wiring won't stretch very far (from what I've heard).

I still don't understand why the MoCo insists on stock Road King bars that NOBODY likes.

--

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Lots of info in various threads in this forum... Search function is your friend. Consensus is 10 inch bars are no problem. Some people have been able to go 12s and reroute cables (even though that's a little tight). You would probably have to go with the Screaming Eagle throttle sensor, though. The stock throttle wiring won't stretch very far (from what I've heard).

I still don't understand why the MoCo insists on stock Road King bars that NOBODY likes.

--

I agree with this. No first hand experience with 10s, but that has been the forum consensus from my perspective.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
because they made 20 million of them back on 1904 and still have stock to get rid off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts