Yes finally

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Wonder if I'll get a ticket in June........ :rolleyes

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Didn't know they were illegal. Road through there last year and never had an issue. I was even talking to a police officer at the car wash and he never said a word about my bars.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't know they were illegal. Road through there last year and never had an issue. I was even talking to a police officer at the car wash and he never said a word about my bars.

They have been illegal for some time but no double jeopardy. One ticket per visit. Just show the second cop your ticket and they'll send you on your way.

Now, it's all good.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Most LEO's will not bother you if your not making an a$$ of yourself. No sense explaining what that is. There has been a city motor cop near my house on busy street with his radar up. First time I unexpectedly saw him concealed quite well by tree. We locked eyes, then he waved. Now its a contest who waves first. :biker:

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
They have been illegal for some time but no double jeopardy. One ticket per visit. Just show the second cop your ticket and they'll send you on your way.

Now, it's all good.

Might have seen that I was from out of country and didn't think it was worth ticketing me. Especially for a minor offence. JMTC

·
Registered
593 Posts
They were using the apes as reason to pull you over to check for drinking. I saw no less then 50 pulled over in front over beaver bar alone

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Might have seen that I was from out of country and didn't think it was worth ticketing me. Especially for a minor offence. JMTC

That would be my guess.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Just like loud pipes etc. Can they ticket you for something if you are out of state and it is legal where you have your bike registered?

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just like loud pipes etc. Can they ticket you for something if you are out of state and it is legal where you have your bike registered?

Yup. But the cops in Sturgis are typically pretty cool, I'm told. As long as you're not a mess.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Yes, you are responsible for meeting any state and local requirements!

You are even responsible for knowing what you need to meet!!

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

·
Registered
11,982 Posts
Yes, you are responsible for meeting any state and local requirements!

You are even responsible for knowing what you need to meet!!

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.
Better start Googling state laws before visiting in case you get stopped by a cranky LEO.:eek:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts