Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the issue with getting the car play app turned on only with the $500 add on??!!!! the old software allowed use to use the setting no mic.. now you have to buy Harley's WHIM.... really???? any shortcuts to use the program for my 2020 RG?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I added the WHIM to my RG so I can get CarPlay. My only wish is that it supported wireless CarPlay. The main function is to provide hands-free access to texting, calls and some other features. My wife can text me, Siri can read it to me, and I can reply without doing much more than giving voice commands. I found that answering calls works better in my modular helmet than my Bell Rogue. Wind Noise, ya know.

Also, short trip navigation and directions work great. It won't replace the navigation built into the bike's system, but it is more interactive.

Please understand that you have two competing interfaces for mobile access. CarPlay and that Android whatever.

Also, that price includes installation by the dealership and that means that as long as you've installed it in the first six months, it will be included in your overall warranty.

Just as a comparison, I had CarToys install a CarPlay capable system in my 2013 pickup. Works great, but it was about $1100 out the door. Even with my cool guy discounts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just added new speakers to my SGS. I went to leave, plugged in my phone and no CarPlay started. I got the guy at the desk and told him my issue. His response was “We upgraded your radio software to match your speakers. That’s why CarPlay isn’t coming up.” He is telling me I need a headset and mic.
I live in Pennsylvania and don’t wear a helmet. So now I can’t use my Google Maps or SXM Apps.
Is this really true??

·
Registered
42,165 Posts
Harley really wants people to buy Indians.

·
Registered
42,165 Posts
Hahahahaha!! I would have bought that Dark bike if I knew this would have happened.
Had I known the issues I ended up with my bike, I would have bought Indian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts