Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer demo-ing bikes. I got to ride a 2015 Dyna Fat Bob. It was great because this was my first time riding in a formation. There were demo "chaperones". Before I got on the FB, one of the chaperones asked me what I had. I told him a 2015 Street Bob. He said, "Well you know this one has punch to it," referring to the FB. It did seem a little more responsive than my SB but the seating and controls were setup differently, so that I was stretched out more. I don't know if that made the difference also.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Same engine? Tranny? Frame? Etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I believe as of last year, the 103 was standard on all big twins.

Same motor, same transmission, same frame. If anything, the fatbob is a little heavier, but probably not enough to matter. I can't imagine one noticeably out performing the other assuming both are stock setups.

·
Registered
39,467 Posts
Maybe they did a Stage 1 to it? Dunno.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My 2013 SuperGlide was the last of 96" bikes. The street bob had that as a base option that year, but most I saw at dealers had the 103. Once 2014 hit all big twins had the 103. There is no difference between the Dyna line as far as drivetrain goes. They are all the same mechanically.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no difference between the Dyna line as far as drivetrain goes. They are all the same mechanically.
I went to the HD website and pulled up the comparison screen between the 2015 Street Bob and 2015 Fat Bob. The engine specs were the same, however, there was an item called Torque (RPM). There was a little difference there, not much.

I'll chalk this one up to me being a newbie. I have not been riding that long. It could've just been over-excitement because I was riding in a group for the first time ever.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Actually the "Torque (RPM)" is the RPM the torque measurement is taken at.
SB FB
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000 3,500
Engine Torque 98.8 ft-lb 98.8 ft-lb

So the FB requires 500 more RPM to get the same Torque.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
street bobs are are just that much kooler - took my 103 i did this winter out for its virgin ride today- :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
street bobs are are just that much kooler - took my 103 i did this winter out for its virgin ride today- :)
Even as I struggle with all the work I need to do, I am trying to figure out a way to get mine out for a ride today... :bikerguy:

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
I believe as of last year, the 103 was standard on all big twins.

Same motor, same transmission, same frame. If anything, the fatbob is a little heavier, but probably not enough to matter. I can't imagine one noticeably out performing the other assuming both are stock setups.
Engines are the same ... the frames are a litttle bit different regarding sitting position (handlle bars, footpegs, saddle ... and suspension ... rear wheel diameter ... etc) Small difference but at the end can be large

1 - 12 of 12 Posts