Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike to the dealer and had my fork seals replaced. I notice a slight ring and a vary small amount of grease on the left side compared to the right side which is bone dry pretty much and does not have a ring. I contacted the dealership and service says that the left side will always have a slight ring due to it being on its side stand. Is this correct?

·
Just Ride
3,211 Posts
Look at other bikes like yours and see if there is a ring. I think their bull shitting you. I bought a bike from Orlando Harley, sales was excellent. Couldn't tell you anything about their service dept.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38,954 Posts
I contacted the dealership and service says that the left side will always have a slight ring due to it being on its side stand.
Because....... the oil is travelling from the right fork over to the left fork????? :loco

I think you know the answer.

And time to find a new dealership.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because....... the oil is travelling from the right fork over to the left fork????? :loco

I think you know the answer.

And time to find a new dealership.
I went over to Orlando HD today and spoke to a few people. The more accurate explanation has to do with the seals being broken in. In any case, I was told that if I have a major leak, they would cover me.

·
Retired citizen
23,209 Posts
It could be grease melting from out of the fork neck. With the bike on the side stand the melted grease runs down into the bottom fork clamp then down the left fork tube and accumulates around the fork seal area.
Clean out the bottom fork clamp and see if the perceived leak stops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts