Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Road King Classic with a 95ci kit 9.5:1 comp and 37g cams. dyno tuned. When im doing 70 in 5th and i give it any gas it pings with 93octain Talked to tuner and he said he cant replicate it on the dyno. Well it does it every time on the hiway. im doing over 3000rpm at that speed. I dont think i should have to down shift to 4th with [email protected] 3000rpm to give it any gas at all.

·
Retired citizen
22,051 Posts
Also make sure your throttle body is fitted with the 25 degree injectors.

·
Retired citizen
22,051 Posts
Here's the p/n for the CVO 25 degree injectors, 27709-06A (N095A).

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. tuner did email me a tune with a lot less less timing but on 95degree days it still will ping.

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havent looked on the bike but the 03 parts catalog has 27609-01 as the injectors in my bike.

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o i assume if i put the CVO injectors I will need to retune. Can this be done with out going back on the dyno for another $400

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the 25 degree a direct swap? what has to be done?

·
Retired citizen
22,051 Posts
The 25 degree injectors are a direct swap. You can see the injector part number using a flashlight from the left side behind the horn. The number is printed on the side of the injectors.
The throttle body has to be removed from the engine and then the fuel rail unbolts from the top of the throttle body then the injectors get pulled and replaced. Replace the intake seals during the re-installation.
The MoCo made the 25 degree injectors available to solve driveability issues. It wasn't a recall but rather a customer service warranty.

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked my tuner and he told me I do not need these injectors and it would require a new dyno tune to use them. He also said they will not fit. I read in another forum that these are longer then the 04 rk (mines a 03) so they would not fit. He said he uses those injectors in 130-150hp engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts