Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,736 Posts
Nope. Most SE conforms to EPA and therefore are just as quiet as the OE pipes. Look around at your dealers parking lot on a weekend and listen to what different guys are running. There are sooooo many options out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not too loud

They are great, not overly loud in the subdivision when leaving, but louder than stock pipes to sound great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input, i do live in a subdivision.. i am looking for a nice rumble not annoying loud. i am afraid to spend and then not be satisfied. so many opinions...

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
FB2009... Would get divergent thoughts on this. I know many who like the stock exhaust. I know many who want big volume. The SE's occupy this space in between. Some feel they are still too quiet, but I've come across posts from owners really liking them.

·
Registered
39,492 Posts
Just gonna have to go to a rally or something and talk to people that have exhausts that sound good to you.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
when i changed my pipes i was like you i wanted a mid range pipe.. i have the SE's not the slip ons but the full.. they are a nice medium..

i think you would be happy with them.. i have heard the slip fits as well.. and they are about on the same level

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not like them on my 2007 Softail. They were not loud enough for me. However, I dont recommend them if you are a full time rider. I ride in the rain quite often. Mine rusted where the Screaming Eagle logo is stamped into them. Harley replaced them on warranty because I got them when I got the bike. The second set also rusted. Unless your shop offers another warranty, they will only have a 30 day warranty on them. I just got mad and put the Vance and Hines slip-ons on the bike. I have had no issues with rust and the pipes sound great with the baffles still in. If they are not loud enough for you with the baffles in, you and easily remove them. The price is also very close to the same. Hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with V&H big raduis 2 into 1 not as loud as the BR 2into2 but they are loud enough and i got more HP out of them

·
Registered
31 Posts
First of all, do not forget that you need to ride a couple of hundred miles before your new escapes get their best...

Then, if we are talking about SE mufflers, do not remove the baffles.. Not only they will become very loud, but the sound will be very disapointing.. If you want it loud, get some V&H.. If you want the best from the SE, disconnect the escape valve... I am sur there are some posts here on how to do that..

That will remove this horrible choking noise in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear when you reach 2500-3000 RPM (roughly, I do not have a tacho..)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put them on my 09 Fat Bob and they are a little louder than stock. If you are up near Lower AL (LA) let me know. :thumb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts