Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I need a map sensor called Harley they say its 140 bucks I go there a different person helps me says that's the wrong one and brings out another one and it is only $45 so when I say oh cool price change a different service writer comes out of no where and says oh that's the wrong one you need the $140 one but doesn't have a reason why when you look up the part for my bike it calls for a superseded p/n and then calls for the $45 p/n however the $140 will also work so seems like both will work wondering if they are just trying to up sell me I think they are... bike is a 2000 softail deuce and the p/n are 32416-10 for the $45 one and 32417-10 for the $140 one anyone have any info on this or advice?

·
Registered
39,526 Posts
You want the cheaper one for bikes built before 2007.

If you really feel compelled to spend the extra $100 you can send it to me. :D

Trust what the book says, not what some service writer says that cant back it up with a reason.

This is a Delco sensor, Delco PN 213-331 , GM PN 16212460 , if you wish to purchase through your GM dealer for about half of what the HD dealer wants to charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I kinda figured that it was bs and they were trying to upsell me do you know about these sensors?

and sorry I don't have the extra 100 to send

·
Registered
39,526 Posts
The expensive one is for the closed loop EFI system that Harley went to starting in 2007.

The cheaper one is for the older open loop EFI system.

As far as the Delphi and GM part numbers, the Delphi PN is on the stock HD sensor.
Then the Delphi PN can be cross referenced to the GM PN.

Delphi is the manufacturer for both HD and GM MAP sensors.

A lot of HD parts can be cross referenced to GM equivalents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts