Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an Arlen Ness Chrome DeepCut Shifter Linkage onto my 2015 Harley Davidson Fatboy recently after both watching a video and following detailed directions from Arlen Ness, The linkage definitely tightened up the system however, after the install I am having challenges with my shifts. 1st gear is nearly impossible to enter downshifting from 2nd as well as neutral is hit or miss. Additionally, I am encountering missed gearshifts from 3rd to 4th and so on. (Before the install neutral was an easy find and all gears worked as designed) I have re-clocked the foot shift levers several times hoping for a solution as well. I have contacted Ness but after sending photos and 3 back and forths I get the same distress call as I receive whenever someone is trying to assist on my computer, " I have never seen or heard of this before". I am frustrated and thought this was simply a bolt-on. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Briggs Noble
cell 920-255-5051

Attachments

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,336 Posts
Looks like the shifter rod is adjusted too short and causing the pivot arm to contact your primary case.

Reactions: AKR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kainam,
I very much appreciate your advice. I agree with the difference of this being a fixed piece of hardware in leiu of an adjustable linkage. This hardware does not give an advantage for fine-tuning.
Thanks again,
Briggs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts