Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from 2 weeks in Aruba. Stopped at Aruba Harley Davidson to pick up a shirt or two and there was not 1 mans shirt in the place. While we were there, a cruise ship arrived where 20 motorcycle riders and their bikes, mostly Harley got off the ship and toured the island. The ride was sponsored by Aruba Harley. Stopped back figuring that they probably had received shirts to sell to the riders from the cruise ship. Nope!!!! Great way to run a business!!! Height of the tourist/cruise season and not a shirt in the place. 2 years ago when I stopped, they were out of the XL size.

·
Registered
43,102 Posts
Well, I'll definitely mark them off my list of places to go!

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Sounds like your life is really effed up!:mooning:

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
1st world problems...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't ruin my vacation at all. Had a great time and since we are time share owners, we will be going back every year for 2 weeks for a long time......I hope. Just can't believe that when an islands main source of income is tourism, that someone would keep dropping the ball.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I stopped getting HD Shirts..the newness faded...I just like riding now.
I have not stopped buying HD shirts but I have slowed down.
I noticed one day while sitting on the john wearing my harley t shirt looking down at my harley riding boots after I took off my harley chaps and gloves and jacket that I realized enough is enough.

But I do have a couple Aruba Harley T shirts from years ago.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I stopped at the Nashville Harley dealer last year when we were down there to pick up a black Nashville "Music City" Harley T. Nothing in stock except small and XXL. Maybe next time. Could have got pink or powder blue though.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm guessing that you just happened to hit them before their supply ship came in. When we were there they had plenty of them.

It is an island in the middle of the ocean ya know. Not exactly a quick trip to the supplier to stock up.

I will say that they didn't have a very large selection of helmets to go with their rental fleet though. lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
"special" HD shirts are wayyyyyyyy over priced...I work in Europe sometimes and they run double the cost in the USA, so I refuse to buy...
I have a couple I found in the discount bin on sale.
I always do the math before I buy...50 dollar t shirt = 12.3 pints of Guinness, I'll pass on the t shirt and take the hangover...

·
Registered
43,102 Posts
"special" HD shirts are wayyyyyyyy over priced...I work in Europe sometimes and they run double the cost in the USA,
Much of that price difference is taxes....

When I was stationed in UK, pretty much everything was double the cost of what it would be in the US.

They even have a special tax just for using a TV (£145.50/yr), and a garden hose for Pete's sake!

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/

Can you imagine paying $225 a year (not including any cable bill or any satellite service),
just for the privilege of watching a TV in your own home, on a TV that you already paid for? :loco

Hell, in 2 years time, that would be enough to buy a new TV!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.