Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres my issue. I have the Progressive 444hd shocks on the back of my 2013 FLHTK. Preload set to max and with me a wife it still tends to bottom out on some harder bumps, wouldnt be an issue but she has a bad back. I understand that our combined weight, mainly me at 450+ lbs is the main issue. My question is, if I go to aftermarket air ride, mainly either the dirty air, or the monroe DIY, setup, will.I be better off or will it still been weighted down to where you have almost no movement?

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They said they had nothing. They said best suggestion would be to go with a 13.5 shock vs the stock 13. But I hate to buy another set

·
Registered
276 Posts
Holy crap!.....your original post was 4 years ago. Dude, do you still weigh 450lbs? If so, shocks might be the least of the concerns you should have. I'd worry more about hypertension, cholesterol numbers and heart disease more than shocks. Not trying to be a wise ass but, if you want to ride for many years to come you should think about your health.

If nothing else, you should check the maximum load capacity of your 2013 FLHTK.....full fuel + 450lb rider + passenger weight (?) + anything else you carry along MIGHT exceed the max load capacity of your 2013 FLHTK, check your manual.

Just say'in.........

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
Great to hear your issue solved.

Just put a set of the 444 super heavy duty on mine. 13" pre loaded to 12" what a great ride, 900 mile run. Front is getting changed out to the monotube next week.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great to hear your issue solved.

Just put a set of the 444 super heavy duty on mine. 13" pre loaded to 12" what a great ride, 900 mile run. Front is getting changed out to the monotube next week.
i can say the progressives up front do help alot, I just did the spring upgrade and it made a big difference, may do mono tube when I need to rebuild the shocks

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap!.....your original post was 4 years ago. Dude, do you still weigh 450lbs? If so, shocks might be the least of the concerns you should have. I'd worry more about hypertension, cholesterol numbers and heart disease more than shocks. Not trying to be a wise ass but, if you want to ride for many years to come you should think about your health.

If nothing else, you should check the maximum load capacity of your 2013 FLHTK.....full fuel + 450lb rider + passenger weight (?) + anything else you carry along MIGHT exceed the max load capacity of your 2013 FLHTK, check your manual.

Just say'in.........
i appreciate the concern and I am trying to lose weight. I am big boned lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good for you!......I can only imagine how difficult that task is, but I wish you well and wish you good health.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Take walks daily. It's amazing how much your health will benefit. Take them with your wide abs it will be amazing how your marriage will also benefit! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts