Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me, again... So, I upgraded my 883N to a 1200 using the CNC SE Ported Racing heads, the 1200 jugs (of course), the XL 1200 high compression pistons, stronger cyl. studs, Feuling lifters, SE high flow air intake/exhaust, and the SE Pro XL H.O. cam kit - # 25740-05. I LIKE everything about this bike - BUT - and here is where I'm depending on you KNOWLEDGEABLE motor heads... regarding the cam... I would like a little/lot more grunt in the low-to-mid RPM - within the parameters of lift/duration allowed - with perhaps a hotter cam setup. What say you? Please be specific with what you recommend. Thanks - in advance! :biker:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
BC, I don't know what to advise you, but there will be those on here that do. I'll tell you this much: I have a '93 XLH1200 with ported heads, 10.5-1 Weisco pistons, S&S Super E, K&N filter, with Thunderheader exhaust. I am running an Andrews N4 and I'm pleased with it. Good "street modified" cam setup. Comes on pretty strong starting around 3000rpm and REAL strong from 4000-6700 where I have my rev-limiter set to keep me from over partying. I didn't look up your cam to compare specs, but I am well pleased with the Andrews N4 in my Sportster.

Best of luck to ya, sounds like you got yourself a lil monster to scoot around on! That cam you got is probably hotter than the Andrews, so if that ain't enough for ya I don't know what to tell you!

·
Registered
39,511 Posts
I would like a little/lot more grunt - within the parameters of lift/duration allowed - with perhaps a hotter cam setup.
Where in the rpm range do you want that grunt?

Off the line, or on the top end?

Makes a difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right! Pardon my not including that info (I edited my post). I'm not going for flat-out top end, just like to get rollin' - QUICKLY! So, off the line, more so, and up through the mid RPM's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To: LilJo - Thanks for the input! Yeah, it's fun to ride. Just tryin' to make it a little more fun! I've owned a Super Glide, a 1994 FXLR, and '99 Night Train. This is my first Sportster. Never thought I'd own one, but now I do and they're a killer bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts