Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just for reference in case anyone's thinking of tyre swaps.

Had an Avon Storm Ultra put on the rear of my 2007 Street Bob a few days ago and what a difference to the Harley Dunlop that came off.

No longer 'tracks' on road lines and no 'slippy' feel when crossing white lines. Feels so much better, even though it's early days.
It might not last as long but it's a price i'd glady pay.
Ian.

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
It's a really good tire for Street Bob's. Just a heads up though, the edges will start showing cords before the center does. Best bud runs them and that happened on the last two which were the II's. Original Storms wore like everything else without the dual compound. He got way better mileage with the Storms compared to the Dunlops and the Storm II's get even better because of the harder center.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a really good tire for Street Bob's. Just a heads up though, the edges will start showing cords before the center does. Best bud runs them and that happened on the last two which were the II's. Original Storms wore like everything else without the dual compound. He got way better mileage with the Storms compared to the Dunlops and the Storm II's get even better because of the harder center.
Sound ok then, don't mind the edges wearing first if I've got grip in corners.
Ian.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update the Avon still feels great and wouldn't swap it back for a Dunlop, feels so much better. Have got it at the recommended 40psi. Handles great.
Ian.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Hi, just for reference in case anyone's thinking of tyre swaps.

Had an Avon Storm Ultra put on the rear of my 2007 Street Bob a few days ago and what a difference to the Harley Dunlop that came off.

No longer 'tracks' on road lines and no 'slippy' feel when crossing white lines. Feels so much better, even though it's early days.
It might not last as long but it's a price i'd glady pay.
Ian.
Greetings from sodden Somerset!
Need new boots for my Low Rider as the Dunlops are lethal on worn-out Somerset slime tracks. The local boot shop recommended Avons instead of the Metzelers I was heading for. However the Storm 2 is not available in 19inch so they recommended a Cobra on the front. What have you got on yours? Are you still happy with the Storm? Anyone else want got the Storm 2/Cobra combination?
btw, the Avons work out £55 ($88) cheaper than either the Metzelers or Commander 2s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts