Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Law in AZ passed by a GOP Legislature and signed by GOP Gov. Jan Brewer forbids destruction of guns purchased BY POLICE in "gun buy back programs." The firearms are required to be traced as being stolen or used in crimes and then SOLD TO AN FFL.

*LMAO* :D

Bleeding heart gun-grabbers are promising to continue gun buy back programs and to use "off duty police" as part of their operation.

:DeadHorse:

Brewer and the GOP have indicated that if this "reach around" becomes standard practice, that the law will be tightened up. The stated rationale for the law is to prevent destruction of guns used in crimes.

-- But we all know that its real intent is to piss off the gun grabbers. Piss on them anyway.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
I think the whole country requires 16 inch barrels minimum length. You can take that lower and make a pistol with a short barrel.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Yeah, but who wants that??? Why not just pay the $200 and get your tax stamp and you can legally have an SBR... I've been debating on doing this to the lower I just finished building as well.

·
Try'n to behave
5,522 Posts
Yeah, but who wants that??? Why not just pay the $200 and get your tax stamp and you can legally have an SBR... I've been debating on doing this to the lower I just finished building as well.
Because then you have a guberment registered firearm. With an AR pistol, and a standard length buffer tube (no stock, that would be a no no), it sits against you shoulder quite nice and an AR doesn't have an excessive recoil so the buffer doesn't hurt. SBR without the paperwork. But I do believe that your lower has to be registered as a "pistol" to make a pistol. I think Nathang has one, so he would know.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I have a bunch of gov't registered firearms....Every gun I've ever purchased at a store and had to fill out a 4473...Same as anyone else.

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a bunch of gov't registered firearms....Every gun I've ever purchased at a store and had to fill out a 4473...Same as anyone else.
Yeah, well -- the govt. doesn't have that record. The gun shop has that record, needs to keep the record forever, or until they go out of business -- where they turn over the records to the BATF.

Sure, the govt. can have a look at the record, and they do. But they don't have a "database."

My position on all this is pretty much, "Come and take them." (Molon Labe)

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,800 Posts

But I do believe that your lower has to be registered as a "pistol"

to make a pistol. I think Nathang has one, so he would know.
Note these are questions where getting it wrong could send you to prison, so don't take my word for it

And noted that I'm NOT the best source of info, I am quite sure you are correct in that you have made an illegal weapon

if you make a pistol or SBR out of a rifle receiver, but this has gotten really twisted in the last few years,

at one time, it was a class III violation to make a rifle out of a pistol,

even owning a rifle stock, which was the original holster for the Mauser pistol

and owning the matching pistol at the same time was illegal.

but I believe today you can make a rifle out of a pistol "temporarily"

so long as you still have the parts and can put the pistol back together.

This enables the Mec-Tec carbine upper for a handgun to be legal,

I think there are also Thompson Contender kits that have a pistol receiver with rifle length barrel and stock.

Odd as it sounds, I believe it is still illegal to make a SBR out of a pistol.

So I think, but am not at all sure about parts of this:

95% sure I can take my ar-15 pistol registered frame and make a "rifle" out of it "temporarily"

rifle meaning 16" barrel and stock, I'm 99% sure I can have a 10" barrel on my AR-15 pistol registered frame

But I'm about 90% sure if I put a shoulder stock on my pistol frame with a 10" barrel

I have created a SBR and committed an NFA violation.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Note these are questions where getting it wrong could send you to prison, so don't take my word for it

And noted that I'm NOT the best source of info, I am quite sure you are correct in that you have made an illegal weapon

if you make a pistol or SBR out of a rifle receiver, but this has gotten really twisted in the last few years,

at one time, it was a class III violation to make a rifle out of a pistol,

even owning a rifle stock, which was the original holster for the Mauser pistol

and owning the matching pistol at the same time was illegal.

but I believe today you can make a rifle out of a pistol "temporarily"

so long as you still have the parts and can put the pistol back together.

This enables the Mec-Tec carbine upper for a handgun to be legal,

I think there are also Thompson Contender kits that have a pistol receiver with rifle length barrel and stock.

Odd as it sounds, I believe it is still illegal to make a SBR out of a pistol.

So I think, but am not at all sure about parts of this:

95% sure I can take my ar-15 pistol registered frame and make a "rifle" out of it "temporarily"

rifle meaning 16" barrel and stock, I'm 99% sure I can have a 10" barrel on my AR-15 pistol registered frame

But I'm about 90% sure if I put a shoulder stock on my pistol frame with a 10" barrel

I have created a SBR and committed an NFA violation.

Constructive intent I believe is what it's called when you have all the necessary legally owned parts to make an NFA item, even though you have not assembled them together. I don't think anyone has ever been convicted of constructive intent, but who knows.

The NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968 need to be abolished, they are both unconstitutional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts