Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clutch switch shorted to ground.
security light on.
removed the clutch lever found no switch, started following the black/red wire and found that it was connected to the black wire and twisted together.
ps chrome housing installed, no hole for the switch to fit in
the bike thinking the clutch switch is shorted to ground. Is there any way to solve this issue without having to install a switch?
what to do ?pls help

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
The wires are jumped together to emulate the switch being open. The engine will now start in gear without the clutch lever being pulled in. If you undo the wires the engine shouldn't crank over.
Check what the codes are, the procedure is a sticky in the electrical section.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI AGAIN
SCHMIDTYS ,when the black/red wire and the black are twisted ,thered key light is on and the bike only starts in neutral.if the bike is in gear, and the clutch lever is pulled in ,the bike wont start.
what i did yesterday is take apart the 2 wires untwisted them and isolated it. the bike starts in neutral only ,the red key light is off,i tried to put gear pulled the clutch and the bike wont run unless its in neutral!!!!!!!! wired.i drive the bike for 15 miles and nothing happened ,no light at all.no codes even!!!!!
whats going on here?

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
The neutral thing being that the neutral switch and the clutch switch are interactive, in the same circuit together. That's how the ECM knows to disable the starter.
The key light might have nothing to do with the clutch switch. Maybe two different things occurring there.

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
What model bike ?

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
Has the bike had any throttle by wire (TBW) problems yet ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts