Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode today for the 1st. time since 03/05/13 and eight wks. pt. No issues with my shoulder. I did have to reverse my front wheel spacers where they changed them while working on my abs. I asked about it to everybody at the shop when I was told they reversed them. I fixed it myself, bad shoulder and all. So I know it's right now! I told my buddy up there at the dealership, that our little list of him owing me one, is getting longer and longer. Needless to say, I'm happy as a two peckered puppy. I'm going to ride to therapy in the morning like I got good sense. All's well in my little piece of the world. :banana

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
Way to go...getting back in the saddle after any amount of time off is the best healing therapy you can have. Glad to see you back on 2 wheels....and glad to see that shoulder is healing well.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. As of now, I still have six wks. of therapy scheduled. Now that I can ride again, I really don't care how long therapy lasts. Had I not been so bone-headed and over did it that time, I may have been back at my original goal of six wks. But it's cool, I'm back now! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man I've been there I've had 21 surgeries on my left shoulder with 3 total replacements and 6 on the left the last one on the right was a reverse shoulder cuz after 7 years of fighting a infection there wasn't anything left to attach but I would over do it all the time and it would just set me back glad your doing ok cuz shoulder surgery sucks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats Coot! I know how you feel. It's great to be back in the saddle. I couldn't ride for eight weeks too, following my bypasses in March. Put 289 miles on my King Tuesday. Life is good again.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I've been there I've had 21 surgeries on my left shoulder with 3 total replacements and 6 on the left the last one on the right was a reverse shoulder cuz after 7 years of fighting a infection there wasn't anything left to attach but I would over do it all the time and it would just set me back glad your doing ok cuz shoulder surgery sucks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Wow! That's a lot of operations. I hope you're doing well. Damn, I could not imagine.... I rode to therapy this morning. Suffice to say, they were not as tickled as I was. They wanted to know what my Dr. had said about it. I told them I hadn't asked. If I didn't feel comfortable about it, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't take off for Fla. right now, but locally ,out in the country, I'm fine.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of operations. I hope you're doing well. Damn, I could not imagine.... I rode to therapy this morning. Suffice to say, they were not as tickled as I was. They wanted to know what my Dr. had said about it. I told them I hadn't asked. If I didn't feel comfortable about it, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't take off for Fla. right now, but locally ,out in the country, I'm fine.
:bikerguy::bikerguy::bikerguy::bikerguy::bikerguy::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker:

Thats what I would do too!!

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Rode today for the 1st. time since 03/05/13 and eight wks. pt. No issues with my shoulder. I did have to reverse my front wheel spacers where they changed them while working on my abs. I asked about it to everybody at the shop when I was told they reversed them. I fixed it myself, bad shoulder and all. So I know it's right now! I told my buddy up there at the dealership, that our little list of him owing me one, is getting longer and longer. Needless to say, I'm happy as a two peckered puppy. I'm going to ride to therapy in the morning like I got good sense. All's well in my little piece of the world. :banana
Great newz !!!! Ride baby ride ! and for the love of horns !!,. Stay safe !!

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
Happy for ya Coot! Congratulations, be safe - I know you will enjoy! :bike-038:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts