Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way, New Street Glide Special.(old bike 2007 heritage soft tail) Need to find a back rest for the wife. I would like quick release stuff, the wife is not with me all the time. The local dealership quoted me $500,I think that is steep. A guy at work has backrest off a 2008 street glide he would sell me with out quick release...Would this Fit?

where would be a good place to start looking?

Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon head on over to the new to the community for an introduction. Not sure on the back rest but the docking stations are expensive but worth it.Keep an eye on ebay they come around often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
08 and under then 09-up for the detachable backrest.
You need a docking kit. 08-under is your kit. You can chose two point or 4-point. 09-up is another kit and 14-15 is another kit.

You should be able to find a used backrest for $100, you'll still need the docking kit if your bike doesn't have it one on it already. They are not standard equipment.

$500 is a laugh. The docking kit takes 15min to put on. The parts are the most $300 or so.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have one for sale from a 2014 SGS detatchable with standard pad for $300.00 Pay Pal.
Used it twice and went to a tour pack so it has sat perfect condt.
Mike

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I have the chrome standard size sissy bar without a pad for a 14-15 SGS. 100.00 shipped

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been pricing new backrest, sissy bar, 4-point docking station, etc and so far Kutter HD online as been the best I've found. Comparing prices with the wish book they've been 17-20% less, with no shipping on orders over $100.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Actually? IF you pay HD MSRP for a set of docking station for the SGS, a back rest frame and the backrest pad that's about the right dollar amount with sales tax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts