Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,831 Posts
My wife was livid about this when I got home. And when I read this headline "appears"

she went off, absolutely no appears about it. ..and she was inclined to blow off my rants

about the Waco police ambush.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,831 Posts
I say this cop attempted murder. If what had he tried to inflict on the bikers

was a stink bomb or mud or dog shit, then he was an obnoxious dickhead,

guilty of assault maybe, but this was criminal malice

what he intended to be inflicting on motorcycle riders

at full highway speed was total physical incapacitation

rendering the driver as incapable as would a seizure, and a weapon

that could inflict a seizure on passing motorcyclists would be

as murderous as a stretched cable, or a flamethrower

or machinegun.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,315 Posts
It doesn't look like the spray actually hit the bikers, but maybe it did and couldn't be seen on the video. Of course a reflexive lane change could have caused and accident.

Never the less, such an action should be met with discipline. Stuff like this feeds the animosity between citizens and police (with whom I support but not on this incident)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
This asshat should get his walking papers he could have killed or at the least seriously injured some of them. If I were them I would be going and filling a complaint with his department requesting that he be arrested for assault and fired. If this is what he will do to someone that obviously wasn't doing anything but riding past him what will he do to that perp that ran from him.

·
Registered
37,168 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who he is, the original video source doesn't have his vehicle number blurred out:

C 183

Untitled.png

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Well he has already been suspended and may be facing charges pending the investigation.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
The the F___ is going on in Texas

Dupe deleted

·
Banned
1,658 Posts
I can see all the rockets, can't see if they have gals though, but if they did their butts would be in the air. Poor cop was probably spraying sun tan lotion...just saying.

tarheel

·
American
25,956 Posts
I can see all the rockets, can't see if they have gals though, but if they did their butts would be in the air. Poor cop was probably spraying sun tan lotion...just saying.

tarheel
Are you volunteering to go to Texas and do a test run.... Report back if it is pepper spray or sun tan lotion....

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,831 Posts
I will have to admit, to look at the spray intensity from his pepper spray

makes me think really serious, means-business pepper spray should put out

like a fire extinguisher, or at least like decent wasp spray. I'd hate to fight

a wasp nest with that wimpy spray, I can see the cop saying, for chrissakes,

they give me such useless pepper-spray that sprays like girlie deodorant,

I was just doing it for dramatic effect, I knew, or at least assumed, it would be

completely ineffective in the wind.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Too many cops are killed by morons who do not move over and give room for police and other hwy. workers.
Just this past weekend a CHP officer was struck and killed by some idiot while investigating a wreck on I-80 near Truckee.
Not saying what he did is right but the frustration about drivers not giving a damn about cops or hwy. workers is understandable!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,831 Posts
It's the law in Texas, you must exit the lane adjacent to the cop if traffic permits,

it clearly does not permit, and drop to below posted speed if you can't get out of

the adjacent lane. We can't know what the cop's immediately prior exposure to

the bikers was, but he exited the patrol car with the pepper spray in his hand

and focused on the bikers. IMHO His statement to the people he was giving

a ticket that the bikers were too close for comfort is not credible, he was already

in confrontation mode before he knew how close they were going to be.

1 - 20 of 436 Posts