Harley Davidson Forums banner

441 - 460 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
^^^^ When you see this. Not surprised. Many good cops have left when their hands are tied trying to do good job. Standards are dropping for new recruits. Our Sheriff deputies having hard time recruiting good candidates. I have no remorse for what ever these two get as punishment.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
^^^^ Little pricks riding skate boards and bikes were causing issues at our local shopping center. Sheriffs were getting the bikes and confiscating's them. Two skate boarders busy harassing's the liquor store owner kept trying to ride into his store, their rights you know? . So he had right to throw them on floor. Kept their boards. Mommy and daddy showed up with the sheriffs. LEO's had some private words with parents, videos were looked at from prior times. Little pricks never seen again. As told to me by store owner. So yea I have no sympathy for smart ass kids on bikes and skate boards. Pecker heads memorized a few laws and ordnances. Really surprised they could actually read and comprehend.

·
Try'n to behave
5,631 Posts
^Got to say Billy, I memorize laws and statutes that pertain to me just like the video maker did...except in my case it's mostly firearm laws...because you HAVE to know the law BETTER than the cops. Just because someone got upset that I was open carrying a firearm doesn't make it illegal, nor does it mean that I have to give a shit how they feel...as long as I am legal, phuck 'em.

It sounded on the video like these bike riders have had issues in the past with police harassment so they took the time to learn the laws (Hopefully to stay within the law). That in itself tells me there might be alittle hope. The Officer may have had a better response by NOT lying and instead asking nicely to not ride their bikes near other park users.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Some times people just get fed up with things. We only see one side of the story. No telling what else happened in the past. I unfortunately seen too much of it out here in land of liberal elites and their spoiled kids. Rock on with your support of the 2nd.

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
Ya know I might see if from the cops point of view IF he didnt straight off the bat start lying, then be condescending to the kids....

That whole bit about getting the law degree on facebook shit. **** him and his $25/hr job.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Ya know I might see if from the cops point of view IF he didnt straight off the bat start lying, then be condescending to the kids....

That whole bit about getting the law degree on facebook shit. **** him and his $25/hr job.
Yea but like I said what happened prior. No win situation I think.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The smart ass mouthy kid had me pissed off. It wasn't so much what he said, but how he said it.

·
Registered
21,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #450 (Edited)
All I see is a group of future bikers being harassed by a cop, and one of 'em brave enough to stand up for his rights.
The cop tried to scare the kids away using his authority and a law that didn't exist, the kid schooled him on the ordinance , the cop went away , probably to look it up.

If cops can get away with making up laws on the spot to deny kids their rights to ride their bikes........then they can do it to you when you're on your Harley.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Well would you rather they run some old guy over while using their rights to mouth off? We don't know the whole story. Kids now a days have now idea how to ride their damn bikes in street. Have a few around here running their gas powered scooters on sidewalks into drive ways around peoples cars and trucks. Not to mention guy across street gravel and plant beds.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Is it possible the cop was asked by someone to get those kids off the boardwalk? Maybe the mayor or counselman? Policeman didn't seem like his heart was in it.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
5,631 Posts
Read article cops are being pushed into this by their management
They could always say NO.

And yet jails and courts are releasing inmates for fear of the virus. WTF?

But, I digress...it's just a few bad apples.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts

·
Registered
21,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
441 - 460 of 473 Posts