Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My speedometer and odometer stopped working and my signals don't self cancel. Could my speed sensor be bad. I cleaned it off still nothing. 2004 fatboy carbureted. Im hoping its not the speedo. Btw previous to this happening the positive terminal hit a bare spot on a wire. I replaced the damaged part of the wire. The bike starts and runs fine. Only code i had was P1010 and U1097. Thanks

·
Retired citizen
23,359 Posts
Speed sensor or fuse. Read your post from yesterday.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Speed sensor first for sure. I had the exact same problems, speed sensor was chewed up by rats. (Not that yours is). Mine is an 04 Road King Classic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. fuses are good (only know about the ones in the block) cleaned speed sensor. nothing. I bought a new one. the trick is where is the connection. I'm guessing I need to take off the splash guard in front of the rear wheel to get at it and should I disconnect the battery ground wire first? thanks

·
Retired citizen
23,359 Posts
The sensor connect is behind the splash guard, no need to disconnect the battery.
It's a triangle 3 pin connector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I changed the speed sensor (not easy at all Topherloaf) and everything's working great now. Took her out for a ride last night. BTW it was 48 degrees last night in Windsor. It was AWESOME to have her running great again. Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts