Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Iowa this weekend to a friends farm to help him get deer stands and trails ready for the hunters he has coming in this fall.
We get back to the garage, grab a few beers and my buddy calls my wife and I over to the other side of the garage where he had something covered by a tarp. He pulls the tarp off and I was speechless as he says, Merry Christmas.
This beast is 28" wide x 44" tall and is made from 1/2" steel.
Will probably weld up a 2" pipe frame and hang it from welded on chain. What an awesome gift. Gonna look great in the back yard.

Sorry Chas, truly had no time for a delivery this time around.

View attachment 407313

View attachment 407321

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,967 Posts
Mike, that is awesome. It'll look great displayed as you describe.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely CNC controlled machine. Looks like a plasma or torch bed.
Gonna just let it rust. Will let the pipe rust, also.

·
American
28,714 Posts
That is something to behold!

·
Registered
926 Posts
That is a friend indeed. I bet it will look amazing naturally rusted up. Please follow up with a pic of it up!

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,788 Posts
The description is on the mark

Badass Bar & Shield

·
Registered
684 Posts
Chrome it. Seriously that is freaking awesome. I have seen them made from thinner material but that thing is meaty. Beast is right.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That's awesome. You could let it rust for a bit and then put a clear coat on to protect that look. By the way dose your friend need another good friend.

·
Registered
594 Posts
YY – that is definitely one of the most Badassed Bar & Shield’s I have ever seen. What a good bud indeed. The weathered rusted look is spot on. Awesome Brother, just awesome!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Awesome man.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I'm with you on letting it get a natural rust patina. Being 1" steel, it will take many lifetimes to rust out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts