Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while sence I'v been on the net. A while back somebody was making there own baffles. Dose anybody remember who it was or the name of the thread? Thanks V

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Dunno who, but I have modified and make baffles before...what info are you looking for?
Or are you just looking to emulate what was done in that thread?

Wish I could be of more assistance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a couple of sets of baffles. Both V&H, one set for some shots that were on my old sportster and one set that were original with a set of Big Shots I put on my softail. If that happens to be what you're after, I'd love to get them out of my garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking for that thread because I was going to get a set of takeoff's for a sportster.
Slash cut the end of them and make a set of baffles for them to see if I can make them sound the way I want them too. Thanks for the offer. mayby I'll get lucky and find it again. V

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I was looking for that thread because I was going to get a set of takeoff's for a sportster.
Slash cut the end of them and make a set of baffles for them to see if I can make them sound the way I want them too. Thanks for the offer. mayby I'll get lucky and find it again. V
Are you talking about the baffelectamy thread, just knocking out the plug in the middle of the muffler. I don't remember ever seeing a thread on making baffles for stock mufflers.Everyone usually dumps the stock ones for some after market.The thread i'm talking about is a sticky in the muffler section.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/exhaust-systems/4354-baffelectomy-stage-i.html

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/exhaust-systems/4355-baffelectomy-stage-ii.html

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
You want a set of take offs let me know

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it. It was on the dyna thread. here is the name of the thread if you are interested. How I Made Baffles for my 2012 Wide Glide. Good information if you do not want to pay for the high $$ slipon's and have the Welders and other stuff or friends that do. You can make your own to sound the way you want them to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts