Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had an interesting occurrence on my 2000 Heritage Springer. Since I upgraded to a 117, MVA heads, and S&S 570 cams the motor is a bit louder, not bad, but noticeable. I asked my indie, when he was doing a PM, to re-wrap the baffles. When he removed them, it looks like the original owner cut the baffles to only ~3 inches long. We left them as-is. Provides a little back-pressure, but not hate-full like a full baffle. Interesting.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Your post is a statement, not a question of should you do something, correct?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How will full length baffles affect the back pressure / performance ? Any one have this problem with a supposedly stock exhaust ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my touring bike at first I cut the baffles in half. Couldn’t really tell anything power wise but was a tad louder. Then I just took them out. Sounded closer to like it should not to loud since it still has the cat but probably lost a little bottom end. At the end of the day it’s best just to save up and buy a whole kit to sound the way you want. Shits designed to run the way they hVe it so messing with the baffles is never going to give you the exact sound and performance that you want. Just my opinion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts