Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the smart ones of which I am not..........

I have a 99 RK that I just upgraded to the 1550 high compression kit from HD and running an S&S super E with thunderjet from zippers. My exhaust is VH true dual with Rush mufflers and the 2" baffles. They are a little on the quiet side for my taste. I know I have the option of stepping up to the 2.5" baffles, but was wondering if I cut down the length of the 2"ers if that would give me more sound while retaining more of the back pressure than running the 2.5s.

Any thoughts?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I'm uncertain about this sweetemotion, but a test sure sounds interesting. Perhaps you can email/call Rush with this question, though the reply might be tainted with their interest to sell you the 2.5". Perhaps go down 1/4" and see what happens. Cutting, punching, modifying baffles often seems to deliver inconsistent results. Intested in how this turns out for you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My 07 Ultra has the stock head pipe with Rush slip on's, 2" baffles. The original owner cut the baffles a little bit at a time until he liked the sound. About 2 thirds of the baffle is now missing on each side but it sure sounds good.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah, my suggestion would be to trim a bit at a time and see how it goes - replacement baffles are a whole lot more econimical than a set of new muflers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts