Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got all of the chrome back, some of the paint. finally took some pics. wish I would have taken more, especially when it was totally apart. would have helped to remember how things go back together, since it has been since christmas when I took it all apart. should have the rest of the paint this week. i hope

Attachments

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Looking good man, I love those bars, and you will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Nice!

Is that a '66 Chevelle in the background in Marina Blue? I had one and sold it a little over a year ago. I sure do miss it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Looks so much better in the sunlight.the cobalt kandy blue really pops. That is a 66 in the garage. Next project after bagger is done. Gonna cage it and repaint it. Minor rust to repair too. Smallblock is for ol ladies 80camaro z28.project after chevelle is caged.paint it next winter.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Thanks guys. Looks so much better in the sunlight.the cobalt kandy blue really pops. That is a 66 in the garage. Next project after bagger is done. Gonna cage it and repaint it. Minor rust to repair too. Smallblock is for ol ladies 80camaro z28.project after chevelle is caged.paint it next winter.

Need to post up a couple of the photos of mine. I think you'll like it. It was an SS/SS Clone. I say that because it was originally an SS 396, but somewhere along the line, someone put a 383 Stroker in it. It was ridiculously fast.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need to post up a couple of the photos of mine. I think you'll like it. It was an SS/SS Clone. I say that because it was originally an SS 396, but somewhere along the line, someone put a 383 Stroker in it. It was ridiculously fast.
well, i know this is a biker forum, but since we are on the topic, its a .060 over 454, 13.5:1 compression, dart worked over alum heads, monster howards cam, nitrous. dynoed at the the rear wheel= 750+ horse without the nitrous. only took it to the track once. three passes with no traction and ran 11.40 and totally crap reaction times. they told me to park it until I cage it and pass tech.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the tank and front fender today. ended up finding a broken wire in the left handle bar that feeds the right heat demon. both working now. hope to have the rest of the paint next week. took some close up shots to try and show the detail he did on the art work. still cold, in fact it snowed today, so still not in a big rush, yet.

Attachments

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
took her out for a little ride, no bags, no side filler panels, still not back from paint. been working my ass off, between spring projects and local flooding, work has been non stop. it was nice getting out on the road again. need some minor clutch adjustment, other than that, all seems good. love the yaffe bars. just the right height for me.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Looking good, did Craig at Paint Works do your painting???

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Looking good!!! Now get out there and ride!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah craig did the work.he painted all three of my bikes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts