Harley Davidson Forums banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,553 Posts
And some folks wonder why I carry a gun.... :|
Like my 81 year old FIL always said before the dementia got so bad he had to quit carrying, “I carry because I’m to old to sport an ass whoopin’, and too young to die.”

·
American
25,938 Posts
Part of what the mayor said was about the people who "are doing their absolute best to live productive lives in neighborhoods that are incredibly violent and dangerous." And what steps are the mayor taking to make the neighborhoods less violent and less dangerous?
Joe.... where these murders are occurring how many people are living productive lives? If anything like Indianapolis..... very few. Most are welfare neighborhoods being run by the gang bangers....

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Joe.... where these murders are occurring how many people are living productive lives? If anything like Indianapolis..... very few. Most are welfare neighborhoods being run by the gang bangers....
Jeff, yeah, a lot of folks in the welfare neighborhoods ain't lifting a fat finger to be productive at anything. But, even so, their neighborhood should be as safe as other neighborhoods.

·
American
25,938 Posts
Jeff, yeah, a lot of folks in the welfare neighborhoods ain't lifting a fat finger to be productive at anything. But, even so, their neighborhood should be as safe as other neighborhoods.
Drugs = $$$ nuttin gonna change.... I'm sorry to say.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,553 Posts
Not unless they want to make it that way. Nobody owes me nuthin’, and I don’t owe them (well maybe the bank). They need to do the best they can to clean up their own neighborhood, and they’ll get help. If they choose to let things remain at status quo, that’s what they will get.

Reminds me of a woman with swollen eyes and lips, black and blue bruises, screaming, “NO that’s my man and I love him...”

·
American
25,938 Posts
Not unless they want to make it that way. Nobody owes me nuthin’, and I don’t owe them (well maybe the bank). They need to do the best they can to clean up their own neighborhood, and they’ll get help. If they choose to let things remain at status quo, that’s what they will get.

Reminds me of a woman with swollen eyes and lips, black and blue bruises, screaming, “NO that’s my man and I love him...”
Yup, and how many Billions of $ have been wasted in these liberal run cities......

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,553 Posts
Yup, and how many Billions of $ have been wasted in these liberal run cities......
And that is just one more reason the South was right. Federally funded programs put our money into places (shitholes) that we the PEOPLE have no say in. My money should be spent in MY state. I don’t know what’s best for you in Indiana, or the poor SOBs in Maryland, and furthermore, I DON’T CARE.

I want good and fair trade between us, but you know your needs better than I do.

SCREW it! I’m preachin’ to the choir, here.

·
American
25,938 Posts
And that is just one more reason the South was right. Federally funded programs put our money into places (shitholes) that we the PEOPLE have no say in. My money should be spent in MY state. I don’t know what’s best for you in Indiana, or the poor SOBs in Maryland, and furthermore, I DON’T CARE.

I want good and fair trade between us, but you know your needs better than I do.

SCREW it! I’m preachin’ to the choir, here.
Yup, you are.... States have lost just about all their power and say so in everything..... this denigration needs reversed ASAP.... Fed has over reached on every facet of our lives. Time for a “reset” of the political climate in this country! IMO

·
Registered
20,776 Posts
Ex-Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh indicted on federal charges related to self-published children's books

Former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is facing federal charges related to what prosecutors say was a plot to enrich herself through sales of her self-published children’s book series, according to a grand jury indictment made public Wednesday.

Pugh, 69, is expected to self-surrender to U.S. Marshals Thursday before her first court appearance before U.S. District Judge Deborah K. Chasanow, according to a news release.

The former mayor, who resigned her post in May amid the book sale controversy, is charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud, seven counts of wire fraud, conspiracy to defraud the United States and two counts of tax evasion. The indictment was returned Nov. 14.

Prosecutors say Pugh, who became Baltimore's 50th mayor on Dec. 6, 2016, used her "Healthy Holly" book series in order to fund her lifestyle in addition to her political campaign and political interests. She allegedly bought a house and paid down personal debt with the profits, according to The Baltimore Sun.

The book scheme allegedly involved Pugh failing to print thousands of copies or double-selling titles in the series, the Sun reported. Prosecutors also allege Pugh listed her 2016 income as $31,000 when it actually exceeded $322,000.

In April, Pugh announced she was taking an indefinite leave of absence after she had been "advised by her physicians that she needs to take time to recover and focus on her health." She said she felt like she wasn't able to fulfill her obligations as mayor because of her deteriorating health brought on by a recent case of pneumonia.

Ultimately, Pugh resigned amid state and federal investigations about her book series, and apologized "for the harm that I have caused to the image of the city of Baltimore and to the credibility of the office of the mayor."

Pugh was the third Baltimore mayor to face sustained calls to resign. Bernard "Jack" Young took her place.

Former Baltimore city employees Gary Brown Jr. and Roslyn Wedington pleaded guilty to related charges, it was also revealed Wednesday.

·
Noel
7,449 Posts

·
Registered
10,467 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,099 Posts
Healthy Holly my ass, if she wrote it, it would be more like Lazy LaQwan.

421 - 436 of 436 Posts