Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to change the bars on my 14 sg . I've asked before but got different responses about the cables and wires . Some say up to 12" with using factory cables and wires , some say need longer wires . Just wanting to know what all I need besides bars .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Once you settle on the bars it might be easier to answer your question. First question to ask yourself is would you be willing to change cables? If so, options are wide open. If not, a bit limited. You will probably get an informed answer once you decide on your bars. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
This is a list that I got from my dealership of the things that I am going to get ...you can do it a lot cheaper cuz I am doing chrome everything new mirrors and heated grips.... The only thing that isn't listed is bushings for the bars...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
That parts guy is good... He even sold you syn3 for an ape install...
?

This is a list that I got from my dealership of the things that I am going to get ...you can do it a lot cheaper cuz I am doing chrome everything new mirrors and heated grips.... The only thing that isn't listed is bushings for the bars...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts

The photo on my phone is too small, but is that a 16" or a 10"on the first item.:seehearspeak

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
My buddy just did 12" Yaffe style bagger bars (black) on his 2012 SG. He rerouted the clutch cable outside of the fairing and did not have to change anything except the TBW wiring (he used the Screamin Eagle part from Harley).

[email protected]

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
My buddy just did 12" Yaffe style bagger bars (black) on his 2012 SG. He rerouted the clutch cable outside of the fairing and did not have to change anything except the TBW wiring (he used the Screamin Eagle part from Harley).

[email protected]
Silver, I don't recall any of us recently installing 12" Yaffe bagger bars on our scooters. WHO is this buddy of yours?
Are you saying that you have friends outside of the forum?:)

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Actually, he's the young master Jaguar technician that piqued my interest in Harleys when he bought a Sporty a few years ago. He kept it a year before he traded it in for a 2012 Denin Black SG. That happened AFTER I got my Road King. Payback's a bitch, lol. He's not a forum member yet.

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Lol... I'm going with 10s...

Mike, my aforementioned buddy is not very tall ( 5'7" or 5'8" tops). He says his 12s are perfect. "Life-changing " was his exact term. You know what Stangs would say...

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Lol... I figured...you are not the first one... Wont be the last...I wish I knew for sure that if the 12s would cover the GPS or not... I think I would be fine ...

Go with the 12s and you won't give a eff where you're going or how you get there.

"GPS? We don' needs no GPS!"

--

1 - 20 of 59 Posts