Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
So- let me start this by saying, I have not even begun to look for Bars for the Sportster, just thought might start here and let you guys do the work ;) I'm looking at new bars for my Sporty. What do people get??? I really have no idea!!! Now you can ask me about a VROD, and I know the bars..but for my own bike, I'm not so sure, lol!!! Which ones look cool??
Here's the rundown on my bike:
2006 883L Glacier White Pearl

Can you guys post pictures of bars that look good on sporty's and their big guts??? I know you must have to be careful with some bars, or they will lean to far towards you, and hit the gas tank as you turn the bars.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestion??? And if you could post any pictures, even pictures with certain bars ON the bike, I would REALLLLY appreciate it!!!

Thanks guys (and girls!!!)
-Cupcake

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This bike has some that might work for ya! They even have a handy dandy basket for you to put things in.:ride

Thanks a LOT [email protected]$$:bat :bat
Nice to see you stole the streamers off the handlebars, so you could stick em on your bike...thief.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say a Nice set of 18" Apes would look just right on your sporty..:D
Noooooo- not on my bike:ride

·
Bat Juice Consultant
65 Posts
Maybe 12" Apes then..:rofl:

How about some Wide Glide bars :ride

Best bars I ever had on any of my Bikes

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you want risers and bars or do ya want one piece pullbacks?

Do you want to be able to use all the cables and lines?
Wow...I didn't know there were different kinds like that. Like I said, I've never looked into them before..not even a little. I just now, that I look at mine every now and then, and think they look like the ones on my mother's 1970 bicycle. I mean, they aren't HORRIBLE, and the fit the look of the bike...but I want something kickass!!!!

Do you have pictures you can post me of the different kinds? Like thumbnails?? I guess I just need to do a search myself, instead of expecting you guys to do my work!!!!

·
Registered
39,467 Posts
Drag bars on about 4" risers

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drag bars on about 4" risers
Really??? Do you know where I might could find a picture..to see what it looks like on a sporty?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Really??? Do you know where I might could find a picture..to see what it looks like on a sporty?
Hmmm.....I will load up a pic. I have to pull it off of a zip drive first. If you are running mini-bucks then drag bars will amaze you with how much feel and control you all of the sudden seem to have. To me the front end of the Sporty seems real vague with anything but drag bars. Personal opinion of course.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Cuppy, go sit on a nightster. I really like the way those bars feel. They get one in every couple of weeks at the Allen store. (Just don't think about buying one there)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Questions

Hmmm.....I will load up a pic. I have to pull it off of a zip drive first. If you are running mini-bucks then drag bars will amaze you with how much feel and control you all of the sudden seem to have. To me the front end of the Sporty seems real vague with anything but drag bars. Personal opinion of course.
1) I may be an idiot (shut up Toby) but..what are mini-bucks?
2) I think I like the look of the Z-Bars over the Drag bars posted by Kainam, but I wish there was a way to photoshop them on a 2006 883L Glacier White Pearl...so I could picture them on my bike. Seeing them on other types, and other colors is so hard!!!!!!! Is anyone bored??? Daniii...are you bored and want to photoshop?? You could even use a picture of jenny's sporty that you have...
3) The Drag Bars and Z Bars postedx by Kainam, are those on 4 inch risers?
If not...Custombikemike...would you mind posting a picture when you get a chance??? I would really apprecaite it.

Wait...CUSTOMBIKEMIKE...are you the same one that people refer to as the site ******* on the VRF?!?!?!?!?!?! You've been nothing but nice here!!! I think I just put the 2 and 2 together in this post!!! Are you the same person?

Edit! I just went back and looked, and you just registered today, so we havent given you enough time to be a butthead yet!!!! LOL...toooo funny. I'm glad to have you here. You bring excitement. And guess who's a mod here?!?!? LOL That's too funny that I just asked if you were the same person, thinking you had been around here a while, only to go back and see you registered today! Welcome!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts