Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a reliable long lasting battery for a 2007 ultra, seems alot
of different brands out there. Which brand would be top of the line?

·
Just Ride
3,308 Posts
Looking for a intro. Then you might get some answers.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Deka is made in the same factory as oem batteries. Batterymart will have a ETX30 on your doorstep for about $100. I get about 3 years out of them.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Registered
39,742 Posts
There's a time limit on search results cause they're not stored on the servers indefinitely, else with the number of searches performed, they would end up taking up a lot of storage space.

Probably something like 3 or 4 KB with the number of searches performed on this forum! :laugh

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I placed " Deka " in the search.....Bam......that just happened!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looking for a reliable long lasting battery for a 2007 ultra, seems alot
of different brands out there. Which brand would be top of the line?
Just replaced mine for the Ultra a couple of weeks ago. Self-inflicted wound - killed the engine, but for some stupid unknown reason, forgot to turn off the darned ignition knob. Battery lasted almost 6 years but this was enough to end it's life....would not hold a re-charge from drop-dead zero.

I understand 4 - 6 years to be about the limits for H-D stock batteries if one uses a trickle charger. $160 at the dealer. There are alternative providers out there, but am satisfied with the time I got out of this one, so went H-D once again.

Installed it myself in about 20 mins (most of which was spent re-positioning the seat correctly over the screw mount under the Tour-pack!!!).

·
Registered
341 Posts
check out the scorpion lithium battery at batterystuff.com free shipping. 550 CCA i put one in my 05 BMW 1200 because its under the tank & don't want any spills etc. i've had a shoai in my '09 triGlide for a few years with no complaints. the scorpion says to charge every 6 months, so that takes care of winter storeage. wt 5 lbs. and the scorpion just has a tender lead. the shoai has a plug that goes into the battery, so it charges only the low cell. Its extra cost.
but i'm happy with both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts