Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I took off the battery strap and cover took out the old screws off the posts wiggled the hell outta the battery it finally came out, put the new one in, got the positive screw in but had trouble getting the negative un, it's not totally screwed in correctly, somewhat loose although bike did start, what am I missing, also battery cover won't go on, seems like it's to small or "grooves" aren't lining up, I can't find a video on YouTube on this with a similar year bike all the newer bikes the battery seems to be mounted different.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,519 Posts
OK, first obvious question: you did get the correct [sized] battery for your scoot?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Many batteries have spacers included because the posts are not flush with the battery case. If the spacer is not used, the bolt is too long and won't tighten.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Theres a particular way to install your battery, yes.....it does matter. You have to install your ground wire to the battery first, then feed the wire down to the casing. if you don't do it this way your ground will come loose and it will just go click, click, click. Read your manuel.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts