Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am storing my 2014 Harley Street Glide - I bought a battery tender jr.to help store for the winter- to make a long story short I put the Battery Tender Junior I put on my bike and it constantly flashes red = not charging, my brother in law has the same battery tender - he put his tender on his 2014 Street Glide and it worked- to test my tender out I put my tender on his bike and the tender worked- what could my issue be with my bike/ battery

·
Banned
71 Posts
So I am storing my 2014 Harley Street Glide - I bought a battery tender jr.to help store for the winter- to make a long story short I put the Battery Tender Junior I put on my bike and it constantly flashes red = not charging, my brother in law has the same battery tender - he put his tender on his 2014 Street Glide and it worked- to test my tender out I put my tender on his bike and the tender worked- what could my issue be with my bike/ battery
Check the fuse in your tender leads.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Do you have the leads to the battery hooked up correctly? Red to POS black to Neg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the thing with the new street glides there is plug that extends from the seat so you don't have to take battery out- the tender just plugs right into the cable that leads to the battery

·
Señor Member
19,831 Posts
I suspect your pigtails are not mounted adequately and are not making a good connection at the posts. Clearly there is no trouble with your tender since it worked on the other bike.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Put a meter on those leads to the battery, if you don't see the battery voltage it's the fuse or not hooked up.

·
Señor Member
19,831 Posts
Put a meter on those leads to the battery, if you don't see the battery voltage it's the fuse or not hooked up.

Ah yes! My pigtail does not have an inline fuse, but most do. Check that first. It's the most obvious and the easiest to check and remedy.

Start simple.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Ah yes! My pigtail does not have an inline fuse, but most do. Check that first. It's the most obvious and the easiest to check and remedy.

Start simple.
Being that it is a 2014 you can let the dealer fix it. Just a thought.

·
Señor Member
19,831 Posts
Yup. Free is awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts