Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RKC, it had the original battery on it. The previous owner had been pretty good about putting the battery on a tender. Though I had never had any issues with the old battery, prior to going to Sturgis this year I replaced the old battery with a new one. My question is, will it hurt the new battery to take it out, put it back in the box and on the shelf and put the old battery back in the bike? I am struggling with my frugalness ( cheap ass) tendencies here. Don't laugh, it is a sickness, lol. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I have a 2010 RKC, it had the original battery on it. The previous owner had been pretty good about putting the battery on a tender. Though I had never had any issues with the old battery, prior to going to Sturgis this year I replaced the old battery with a new one. My question is, will it hurt the new battery to take it out, put it back in the box and on the shelf and put the old battery back in the bike? I am struggling with my frugalness ( cheap ass) tendencies here. Don't laugh, it is a sickness, lol. Any help greatly appreciated.
A lot of effort for no return, just keep it on a tender, take the old one back and get your core $$ back.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Will it hurt? No.

If you want to use old battery, then why did you spend money to replace it?

They don't last forever. Use the new one. Get core back.

It's called preventitive maintenance.

You don't WAIT till a battery lets you down to replace it. That's NEVER at a good time.....

You'll never have this happen:

Brothel owner: "Oh...your bike won't start."

You: "No...battery is 5 years old and took a crap. I should have replaced it."

Brothel owner: "Well....that bad luck, but if you want, come inside, and anything you want is on the house until your bike is running again!!"

Never.....

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,678 Posts
back in spring my bike kinda turned over slow..but after that one time it was fine, but I knew it was at least five years old.. bought a new one and was going to take old battery to recycling monday.

Riding lawn mower battery went bad... took old harley battery at put it in mower...been going all summer with it??? Coincidence..think not!:)

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Put old one on shelf for a conversation piece.....

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,139 Posts
back in spring my bike kinda turned over slow..but after that one time it was fine, but I knew it was at least five years old.. bought a new one and was going to take old battery to recycling monday.

Riding lawn mower battery went bad... took old harley battery at put it in mower...been going all summer with it??? Coincidence..think not!:)

Stage one Briggs and Stratton kit... I think I saw them on fleabaY

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just the peace of mind of knowing your battery isn't going to crap out when you're out on your bike is worth it. Keep the new one in the bike. Don't be cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts