Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New install of smart security on a 2014 dyna, now the bike wont start,does anyone know the procedure for this year bike?:feedback:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really not sure what is going on with this procedure Ive done the whole process twice and I get the same results.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I'm really not sure what is going on with this procedure Ive done the whole process twice and I get the same results.
It is important that the bike be on the jiffy stand, and not wiggled while any of the procedure is in process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I just finished trying the process again, with same results, I wonder if they changed the process for 2014...........

·
Retired citizen
24,290 Posts
The 2014 doesn't have a TSSM any longer, BCM replaced them. The procedure could be different.

·
Registered
49 Posts
1stbikehog, the method of marrying the BCM & ECM has indeed changed for 2014 models/ all canbus models.
As far as I'm aware currently, it can only be carried out using HD's digital technician (not sure if any after market equivalent works also) and is a very quick procedure taking a matter of seconds. It is no longer possible to do manually at home.
Your local HD shop should only charge minimal labour if anything at all due to it being so quick to do if the believe in good customer service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi

regarding these BCM's does anyone have a picture of the PCB or more specifically can tell me what processor is inside the BCM ?

·
Retired citizen
24,290 Posts
hi

regarding these BCM's does anyone have a picture of the PCB or more specifically can tell me what processor is inside the BCM ?
EEPROM .

·
Registered
2 Posts
noted that theres an EEPROM, but i want to know what is the main processor on the board which is driving everything or do you perhaps have a picture of the inside of any BCM that i can look at ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts