Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Heritage Softaail Claassic and my ignition switch does not power the bike up. Everything works fine on the handle bar switch. When I checked for power to the swwitch there is only around 3 volts. when I checked the codes on the bike it gave me 2 codes. B2203 ign. switch input shorted low and B2137 lowbeam output shorted low. The previos owner of the bike had installed what looks like the Hogzilla lights you see advertised with halo ring and the passing lights. I read on another site the BCM is a factory only item because it has to me mapped to the bike. Can a jumber wire be installed to the switch. Was wondering if anybody else has come accross this issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Hogzilla lights have nothing to do with your problem. Why don't you disconnect the battery and then take the ignition switch out and look at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.
I did remove switch and had continuty where I needed it. That is what had me checking the voltage to the switch from the BCM. I also made sure I had a ground and the hot wire to the switch was not shorted out. Not sure how to run a ohm test on the wire to see if maybe there is a short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts