Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had a car cross the center line on me, so close I could have reached out and touched him. That got me thinking. I bought a pair of hi-vis orange and black utility gloves from Wal-Mart for about $12.00. They are cloth with a black leather palm. A similar pair, non hi-vis, from HD dealership were $55.00, made in China. Today it was cloudy out so I wore them for the first time. I met a friend of mine on the road and stopped to talk. The first thing he said was how bright the gloves were and he saw them from way off.. Then he mentioned that my headlight(TL Phase 7) made him squint it was so bright. I liked that, mission accomplished. Ride safe out there and enjoy.:ride

·
Registered
11,052 Posts
Walmart El Cheapo hi-vis gloves--that's really a good idea, Coot.

And now that we are (sometimes) in Tee shirt riding weather here I usually wear a very bright red Duluth Trading Co. Tee. My wife and neighbor both tell me that bright red shirt really makes me noticeable even at a reasonable distance. Need to get me one or two more so I can usually have a (fairly) clean one around.

And BTW, I got started on those Duluth Trading Co. Tee Shirts and I ain't ever likely to buy another HD Tee. The Duluth shirts are heavier, longer and cheaper. And my size fits just a bit looser than a HD Tee in my size and that helps keep my .45 "printing" to almost nothing.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Good idea. Too bad they can't make clothing that will make drivers look away from their phones.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I often times use hand signals as well as mechanical signals. They come in orange and yellowish/green. I like the orange and black, HD colors.:)

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Good idea. Too bad they can't make clothing that will make drivers look away from their phones.
Ride naked.

They'll look.

--

Reactions: 191466

·
Registered
569 Posts
I often times use hand signals as well as mechanical signals. They come in orange and yellowish/green. I like the orange and black, HD colors.:)
I think this is a great idea. That's assuming the middle finger is part of the bright orange... for signaling with, of course.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
They are made by Mechanix and also wear good. Make a good summer glove.
Thanks for the heads up, Old Coot. I am going to pick some tomorrow.:thumbsup

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know how to post pics, but mine have velcro straps around wrists and are orange across the top and black leather palms. Made by mechanix.

·
red sport.
380 Posts
I don't know how to post pics, but mine have velcro straps around wrists and are orange across the top and black leather palms. Made by mechanix.
ok, here is how, take your picture ( I use a card reader, Wall Mark 10$) take out your Memory card insert it into card reader, insert it into USB port, a few seconds a little screen will pop up giving you a choice click import, it then goes to your Photo Gallery, to post here on this Forum go advance click paper clip, click Browser, next choose pictures click on it, then click upload & wait a few seconds & it's posted, click review if ok click submit .

·
1,074 Posts
Is the middle finger a little brighter than the rest so it stands out more when needed?

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, here is how, take your picture ( I use a card reader, Wall Mark 10$) take out your Memory card insert it into card reader, insert it into USB port, a few seconds a little screen will pop up giving you a choice click import, it then goes to your Photo Gallery, to post here on this Forum go advance click paper clip, click Browser, next choose pictures click on it, then click upload & wait a few seconds & it's posted, click review if ok click submit .
I appreciate the instructions, but I'm computer stupid. I don't have a smart phone or camera. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts