Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My 2009 RK does not have ABS.
2. I bought some no mileage take-off wheels & tires that came off of a 2014 SG that has ABS.
Question:
1. Because my bike is a non-ABS bike, is it necessry to change the wheel bearings to non-ABS bearings or will the ABS wheel bearings be safe and good to go in my non ABS bike? I am asking again because im not sure .

·
Banned
71 Posts
1. My 2009 RK does not have ABS.
2. I bought some no mileage take-off wheels & tires that came off of a 2014 SG that has ABS.
Question:
1. Because my bike is a non-ABS bike, is it necessry to change the wheel bearings to non-ABS bearings or will the ABS wheel bearings be safe and good to go in my non ABS bike? I am asking again because im not sure .
It'll work, just need the correct spacers is all . :thumbsup

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
Agreed. The only difference with the bearings is the ABS bearing has a magnet inside of it to trigger the ABS sensor and it's more expensive than the standard bearing.
You should be able to use the OEM spacers as the ABS bearing has the same dimensions as the non ABS bearing.
Your stock spacer would replace the ABS sensor/spacer.

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Excuse me Schmidty but abs bearings are wider.

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
Correct you are, integral spacer, O.D. is the same. The wheel will still fit the OP's needs.
He could also replace the bearing with the standard one, that's no biggy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do you know if the O.D. on the bearings for the 2015 wheels is the same as the older bearings with a 1" I.D.? I'm trying to learn what I would need to change to put 2015 Enforcer wheels on my 2001.

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
There's a sticky here someplace by Dave63 with bearing size specs. Gotta search for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.I got them on my bike and they look great. After much research I wound up just changing out the abs bearings for the non abs bearings. $20.00 each at the harley dealer. they charged me 40.00 to remove and install 2 new bearings and did it in a matter of 20 minutes. If your sitting on bike, the front would be the left bearing and in the rear, the right side bearing. somewhere I read that you could avoid changing bearings by turning down the spacers around .125 but this was an easy to-do for me so I went the other way.

·
Retired citizen
23,387 Posts
... :thumbsup ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts