Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting hot out now. Can someone tell me what I can do or get to help bet the heat while riding. Any info would help out a lot.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Lots of fluids. Break more often. There's no magic trick. It's tough. Suns screen may sound light weight but it is essential for me. Getting burned to a crisp sucks much worse than being unmanly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
37,623 Posts
Long sleeve t-shirts believe it or not.

And I also wear some Nomex pilots gloves to keep the sun from baking my hands.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Water and lots of it (no alcohol), avoid mid day riding if possible 11a.m.-4p.m., wear white shirt (thin long sleeve is better than short sleeve and sunblock) and a white helmet (it's not bad ass but heck of a lot cooler), avoid red lights at all cost (10 miles out of the way at 55mph is substantially better than sitting at a red light in 95+ degree heat), when you stop at a store place your helmet, doo rag and gloves inside bagged ice box outside. Most of all ride short stints 30 to 45 minutes max during mid day.......

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Brian, google "Heat Injuries" and you'll have a better understanding of how to deal with the heat. Good luck.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Drink lots of water. Bring water along on longer rides. The sun and heat will suck the energy out of you.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The dealership sells a vest u can where that will hold in ICE cold water up to 50 different times of use. It stays cold and keeps ur body temps down. I got one of these as a present last year and it works, Its under $50 and is worth every bit of that. $1 per use is a pretty good deal given its a harley item lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
TGPNW
640 Posts
I have used a neck buddy for the last four years. The neck wrap is made of polyester and cotton and is filled with poly-crystals. By simply placing the neck wrap in clean water for approximately 30 minutes and allowing the crystals to expand, it produces an evaporative cooling system for the user when placed around the neck.

My experience is that they work as advertised.

Welcome to BodyCool! ~ The Ultimate in Cool. Top Quality Cooling Neckwraps

At $6 it's worth a try.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The dealership sells a vest u can where that will hold in ICE cold water up to 50 different times of use. It stays cold and keeps ur body temps down. I got one of these as a present last year and it works, Its under $50 and is worth every bit of that. $1 per use is a pretty good deal given its a harley item lol.
Yes, These vests are fantastic. Crossed the Nevada deserts in 120+ temp and did not suffer. Also used the cool bandanas that can be bought at Harley or camping stores. Soak them in water and they stays cool for days...

BTW the vest is also nice to have in COOL weather. When it's dry is is another lining for the jacket.
Over here in Sweden it's mostley used to to keep the cold OUT :rofl:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I agree with the guys saying avoid sunburn. It's absolutely horrible! It'll ruin any long trip plus it lasts awhile, then you can enjoy itchy peeling skin not to mention the possibility of skin cancer in your future! I think I would like to try one of those cooling vests.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts