Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Senate is debating the gun bill on C-Span 2, no Senator has been interupted except Ted Cruz from Tex. Patrick Leahy, Charles Schumer, and Manchin from WV all had to interupt him and ask questions and try an git him off message......he never faltered. it's still going on...they'll be voting later this evening.

·
Banned
447 Posts
The informed wisdom is the Senate hasn't the votes to pass this. Obama is livid, and I'm happy for him.

Some speculation this AM on MSNBC -- (Major Stupid, NoBody Cares) that Obie and the Dems would have never brought this up had Newtown occurred pre-election. "Gun control" (sic) is becoming one of the third rails in politics.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their voting right now, one of the votes we were counting on just went the other way.....Mary landruie of LA.....but ...shes a Dem-a-rat....The manchin-Toomey bill was just defeated....Thats the extended background checks. Thats one for us.........but theres 7 to go.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Keep us updated....I'm stuck at work, and I hate watching the news. I get most of my news intake from here, b/c 95% of yall agree with the same things I do. So it is great having a completely biased (honest) opinion of things going on.

I wish we could have BNN (Biker News Network). I couls see it now being hosted by KD & Zeta....."And in other news today, those underhanded beady-eyed bastards are at it again...."

:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,007 Posts
Their voting right now, one of the votes we were counting on just went the other way.....Mary landruie of LA.....but ...shes a Dem-a-rat....The manchin-Toomey bill was just defeated....Thats the extended background checks. Thats one for us.........but theres 7 to go.
Not surpirsed at Mary Landrieu. She's from one of the most liberal families in the state. But the background checks amendment is probably the only one that had a chance, and if it goes down, I think we might relax just a litle bit about the others...and besides, there's still the House to make it through.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true KD, the Cruz amendment was just defeated also. Going for #3...which is a Patrick "leaky" Leahy amendment concerning straw buyers.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cornyn from Tex amendment would give reciprosity to anyone with a concealed carry permit to carry in any other state......this one will be defeated by the Dem-a rats i'm sure...Yep, there calling the roll and it's right down party lines.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,007 Posts
Cornyn from Tex amendment would give reciprosity to anyone with a concealed carry permit to carry in any other state......this one will be defeated by the Dem-a rats i'm sure...Yep, there calling the roll and it's right down party lines.
We came close on that one.
Got to send Chuck Grassly an attaboy for beautifully shooting Feinstupid in the a$$ just now on her amendment.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
So, basically, the gun ban stuff is done with? No more? Finit'? Auf wiedersehen?

So, Frankenstein's "assault weapons ban" got the ax, and the background checks got axed?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fienstiens amendment went down in flames......the assualt weapons and high capacity magazine ban. Damn, the Dems own the Senate and they cain't even git enought votes to pass any gun legislation.....can you say job skeeered......

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
So, that means we can all quit sweating about the bullshit now, and things should go back to normal, correct? Since it got shut down today, there is no chance of it getting brought back up again soon.....Correct? In other words, It was on it's 9th life, and it just deflated....Right? So, it's finished for good?

Sorry, I'm a lamen's terms kinda guy, so kinda clue me in with specifics. LOL

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,007 Posts
So, basically, the gun ban stuff is done with? No more? Finit'? Auf wiedersehen?

So, Frankenstein's "assault weapons ban" got the ax, and the background checks got axed?
It looks like every amendment proposed is being shot down, and I understand El Presidunce is highly pissed off. Couple of them I might like to see passed like the universal acceptance of all states' CWLs, but given that all the other stuff is going bye-bye, I can live without being legal in New York, Californicate, and Commienois.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We can rest easy untill the mid-terms. And then we better git our lazy asses out and vote.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Let Odumber get pissed off. God is more pissed off by him using kids and victim's parents parading around like circus monkeys just to help persuade public opinion. IMO, that's sick and disrespectful. Let the people mourn in peace.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
We can rest easy untill the mid-terms. And then we better git our lazy asses out and vote.
I always vote........Republican. :thumbsup

I don't vote by the Chicago creedo...."Vote early and vote often." I just vote the 1 times, like an honest citizen. :thumbsup

·
Registered
36,947 Posts
It looks like every amendment proposed is being shot down, and I understand El Presidunce is highly pissed off. Couple of them I might like to see passed like the universal acceptance of all states' CWLs, but given that all the other stuff is going bye-bye, I can live without being legal in New York, Californicate, and Commienois.
I agree. Not too many of these red states I care to visit.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,947 Posts
This past week has made me glad that I don't currently own a TV, but if someone has a pic of O'Dumbass pissed off due to the Nazi bills being shot down in congress, I'd like to see em.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,007 Posts
Getting ready for the vote to ban magazines of greater than 10 rounds. At least they figured out not to call them clips....except for Feinstupid.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
This past week has made me glad that I don't currently own a TV, but if someone has a pic of O'Dumbass pissed off due to the Nazi bills being shot down in congress, I'd like to see em.
Damn straight! Nothing like seeing a narcissist moron getting pissed off. I bet he looked like this in the Oral, I mean Oval, Office....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts