Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you know you’ve been on a good ride when you are near done for the day, stop for a beer and get attacked by bees.

Aside from having taking the ‘ol lady on a nice 200 mile ride yesterday, I was popular with the yellow jackets. We were at a place out front talking and having a drink when a bunch of yellow jackets started buzzing around me and the bike. Seems they were after all the bug guts on the front of my bike, my helmet and areas on me that the fairing didn’t cover. Got stung a couple times but used the baking soda I keep in the bags. Had to jump on and go, then turn around, stop across the street and let my girlfriend on and get out of there before they caught up again.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Maybe they were seeking revenge for their fallen brothers stuck on your fairing and such.... I cant understand why they would be interested in dead bug guts. Oh well glad to hear you got out with only minor injuries. Lol you coulda been killed. They always said that yellow jacket club was a 1% gang....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
A bee crawled into the neck of my beer once, unseen by me. It stung my tongue at my next sip. That hurts! I used to be hyper allergic to certain types of bee stings, so I carry an EPI pen in case I have a reaction.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For bee stings I carry baking soda in a baggie and label it baking soda. Stuff works great when you make a little paste and aply it. I think even if you're allergic, the soda counteracts the poison, making it a little better if you're allergic, but don't quote me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts