Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with the Bel Ray Gear Saver Hypoid 85W-140 in there transmissions? Do you like it or has anyone had a bad experience with the product?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Belray makes good products. Read a lot about people being pleased with their gear oil in the trans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bel Ray

I can remember using Bel Ray in my trail bike about 35 years ago. When it was recommended at my local Harley shop it sort of jolted me back to my youth. I guess longevity in the market says a lot in itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Experienced friend recommended Bel Rey tranny fluid, replaced HD oil at 5K. I was astounded at the difference in the shifting on my 09 Ultra. A Harley likely will never shift smooth and light, however, with the Bel Rey it has become less irritating.

Probably best answer would be to try it and see if you like it. Often the result is in the mind of the beholder. I like it!

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
running full synthetic atf in my primary and trans...laugh if you want, but its a smooth bugger, and cold shifting sounds are gone......g

·
Registered
701 Posts
I use ATF in the primary and have considered it for the trans too. It is used in automotive manual tranny frequently.

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
I use ATF in the primary and have considered it for the trans too. It is used in automotive manual tranny frequently.
the new breed of tranny fluids is exceptional, both in it's lubrication properties, and it's ability to reduce cold start and shift problems.
my little sporty has had "0" issues running it...and the clutch action is right on the money.....just a note, no more clutch dust in the oil either...HHmmmmmm.

using type "F" full synthetic..

·
Wake your dreams
488 Posts
Anyone had any experience with the Bel Ray Gear Saver Hypoid 85W-140 in there transmissions? Do you like it or has anyone had a bad experience with the product?
I like the taste. :lol8

Seriously, tried it and noticed a quiter and smoother shift. Oh yea, and still use it.:thumb

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using it in my 2005 ultra classic and all I can say wow. My bike shifts like butter now. Also a breeze to find neutral when approaching a traffic like that just turned red. I talked my buddy into removing his Amsoil and replacing it with this stuff. He loves it and can't believe the differance it made. Can't go wrong with it. That's all my bike is getting in the trans now moving forward.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I love the way that the OP asks a specific question pertaining to a specific product and whether or not anyone has used that specific product and 75% of the comments are people just stating what they use, and nothing about the original topic, lol! I've used it in all of my bikes for a few years now and will continue to use it. Very happy with the results I get with it and that's what matters.........

And the only thing better than an oil thread is an old oil thread, lol!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts