Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shovel pan. 1951 at the pan bottom & a 73 shovel at the top . I ordered a Carburetor rebuild kit from Powersports .
When i ordered i for my HD i only requested on the order form a HD BENDIX ZENITH carb .
But have come to find out i may have ordered the wrong kit ????
Looking at a rebuilding site i found that there are different models made by Bendix, but all are basic (i think). Such as a 28 & then a z28 . My carb is at least 35 years old
The rebuilding site i looked at on-line shows a different Bendix carb !.
OK, i ordered & today received the rebuild kit from powersports .
Now the big Question, is all the parts interchangeable in the different kits ?
So, does any one have any thoughts & help concerning my Bendix Zenith carburetor ?
Thank You.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
From experience, most of the parts in those kits for obsolete carbs are generic and cross fit. Extra parts not needed is common. Use what ya need and throw the rest in the spare parts box.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
Also two different kits, one for the 38mm and one for the 40mm. You should have the 40mm kit.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have a Shovel pan. 1951 at the pan bottom & a 73 shovel at the top . I ordered a Carburetor rebuild kit from Powersports .
When i ordered i for my HD i only requested on the order form a HD BENDIX ZENITH carb .
But have come to find out i may have ordered the wrong kit ????
Looking at a rebuilding site i found that there are different models made by Bendix, but all are basic (i think). Such as a 28 & then a z28 . My carb is at least 35 years old
The rebuilding site i looked at on-line shows a different Bendix carb !.
OK, i ordered & today received the rebuild kit from powersports .
Now the big Question, is all the parts interchangeable in the different kits ?
So, does any one have any thoughts & help concerning my Bendix Zenith carburetor ?
Thank You.
What did the outfit you purchased it from say?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts