Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm specifically talking about the S&S Power Tune duals vs a full on true dual system. Now, for my bike, a 2004 RKC, the benefit for me would be to keep the heat off my passenger's legs. Right now I have a fullsac conversion kit on there that I'm happy with.

Other than the cross-under pipe that S&S is doing, what are the other benefits to having a system like that? The not burning the passenger is a plus and I do like the look, but for $550-ish?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Amazon.com $411.14 shipped. Less heat, looks good and a unique sound.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The crossover helps balance the exhaust pulses in the system. There is also some evidence from dyno sheets that the absence of a crossover lowers the low-RPM torque. But, a lot of guys who run true duals deny that with the seat-of-the-pants test.

The TDs would flow better a high RPMS. So, if you like to drag race, it might be a good choice.

I don't care for the "irregularity" of the idle with true duals. But, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, I just want the best fuel mileage and the best for my engine. I'm not trying to go fast. Like...at all. Ok and a good sound but you know, that's subjective.

Amazon only listed the 09-up models. Hrmmmm.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I put the Fullsac Tru-Duel conversion on my '07 E.Glide. I lost a tiny bit of low end (butt dyno). My main reason was to lessen the heat on my right leg, and that was fully accomplished.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I put the Fullsac Tru-Duel conversion on my '07 E.Glide. I lost a tiny bit of low end (butt dyno). My main reason was to lessen the heat on my right leg, and that was fully accomplished.

I have been looking to get a kit from FullSac. Same bike, was wondering about the heat difference, glad to hear that it is enough to notice. The low end torque loss is concerning though. I'm also thinking about the baffle kit from FullSac as well... Wonder what difference that would make.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With my Fullsac, I notice a considerable amount of heat difference from when I had the stock pipe. To me, though I don't care much about horses, the low end torque is negligible for my riding style.

·
On the loose
8,711 Posts
One of the principals of having dual exhaust tied together at some point , or 2 into 1 pipes is to assist in cylinder scavenging , the vacuum from one cylinder helps to prevent / reduce exhaust reversion in the other cylinder.

Probably more effective on a V8 than a twin though, use to run a 2 1/2in balance tube after the header collectors on my Chevy's for this reason.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I have been looking to get a kit from FullSac. Same bike, was wondering about the heat difference, glad to hear that it is enough to notice. The low end torque loss is concerning though. I'm also thinking about the baffle kit from FullSac as well... Wonder what difference that would make.....
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I'll clarify MY "butt dyno" loss of torque. The day before I installed my Full Sac T.D. system, I rode around my extended neighborhood. At every stop sign, I took off using as little throttle as possible, and feeling the friction zone. My E.G. would almost pull flat ground at idle.
After the T.D. install, I have to bring the rev's up to 1,500+ then add more throttle as it engages. If I had not done the "before" comparison, I would think I imagined the difference. While riding, I can't say I ever noticed the tq. loss. I've changed cams since, so it is all in my mind now. :blahblah: The heat difference at a traffic light is real, my right thigh is much happier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts