Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm in the market for adjustable ignition. I would love to hear some opinions on the best ignition system, or best bang for your buck system...... im leaning towards a daytona twin tec ignition system that includes the ignition module and high output coil plus I think it comes with maybe wires too.
It's going on my 99 wide glide still running the tc88 with 10.5:1 wiseco pistons, .585 s&s cams, new valves, adjustable push rods, old school s&s super E carb.
Im torn between a dynatek ignition (looking for advice for specific model) and a daytona twin tec ignition (again im open for specific model)
I'd love to hear your guys opinions on these two options, pros and cons.... also love to hear any other suggestions. Basically I'd like to know what ignition system you guys would put on this bone if it were yours.
Thanks.

·
weird member
2,167 Posts
I know nothing about the twin tec, but if you go with a Dynatek, get the 2000i-P made for your bike.

Another one to look into is a Hi-4.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ive got the dynatek on my 98 wide glide, that maps are easy to use and if u get the cables u can set your own curve and rev limit....

id swap that carb for a 42mm flat slide, itll be night and day difference..unless u plan to go with head work and a 95 or larger kit then opt for the 45mm flat slide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts