Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the J&S the real deal? and will it lift and hold my 99 wg.?...it has been lowered 1".... or should just get a tray type of lift and a small scissor jack for the rear of the frame?....thanxs!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Never did get a response from J&S about a few questions I had. Bit the bullet and bought one any way today from my dealership. They sell them for $399. Got 10% off with Hog discount. Out the door for $379.75. Have not tried it yet. Just rigged up some eye screws in the wall and made a rope with "s" hooks to stand it up out of the way. It is definitely built well. Will probably make the handle and drip pan at work. No sense buying those.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
I have an '05 FXD with dorsal. The J&S is the jack to buy. I love it. I do plan to order the oil pan adapter. Changing oil the first time was a bit messy.

·
Registered
340 Posts
New owner, need a jack. I'll be watching....

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the Craftsman 50190 that I have had for at least 10 years and I love it. I lifted Gold Wings, Road Kings VTX 1300s and Sportsters. It has never failed me. And the price was about $100 at that time.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
On YouTube there are jack comparisons and from what I have seen the J&S is the hands down winner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts