Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best looking stock Harley that HD builds? The bike that looks the best before anything is done to it? I'm "old skool" so, for me, the best looking HD was the Super Glide Custom.

Since it's currently not in the lineup, I'd say it was the Heritage Softtail Deluxe:

Your choice?

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
1980 FXB Sturgis

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Looks only it'd have to be the Heritage Softail Classic for me. Road King a close second.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
1980 FXB Sturgis

I agree with ya, Kainam. My buddy up in Connecticut bought a new '81 Sturgis, still has it in pristine condition with ~18K on it. He also has an '07 CVO Ultra.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Road King Classic.

Current - Softail Deluxe

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
CVO- Ultra Limited!

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
I agree with ya, Kainam. My buddy up in Connecticut bought an '81 Sturgis, still has it in pristine condition with ~18K on it. He also has an '07 CVO Ultra.
Tell him you found someone that would agree to buy it off him..... cheap! :D

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Tell him you found someone that would agree to buy it off him..... cheap! :D
Ya, I'll tell um.:D There's a story behind this purchase, one of those...... while driving by the HD dealership one day in '81. So for the heck of it he stopped in, looked around and saw this outstanding lookin Sturgis. Not wanting to tip his hand,(my buddy was an extremely accomplished salesman in his own right), sat on several bikes before he asked, how mush for the Sturgis. He struck a deal and bought it right then.

The other part of the story consists of buy it, then ask for forgiveness. Well, she didn't forgive and hounded his for several years. Then in 1996 he bought her a '96 fox Mustang convertible to make peace. They still have the bike and car, both just sitting under cover and put on the road maybe once a month to blow out the cobwebs. And both are like they just drove them out of the showroom.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Any of the fxwg/fxdwg, till they took away the bobtail and miniapes

1 - 20 of 47 Posts