Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 custom softail and need to sell it. I had it at expo centers taking 3rd place with for sale signs on it but no luck. Me and my family are taking a vacation this summer and i was wondering if there were any good shows on the east coast were i would sell it. I would be happy with 15,000 but would painfully settle for 10k

Attachments

·
Just Ride
3,206 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
10k-15k is a big range. What do you honestly think its worth?

If you think it's worth way over book, the I like your show idea. If book is what you're wanting to get, CL, or eBay or your local classifieds will probably get it done. It's the right time of year to sell a bike. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's basically a brand new bike It was on eBay and went to 7500 and no luck on craigslist. its a buyers market not a sellers out there right now. I would make a coffee table out of it for anything less than 10. I would be happy to get 15 though. I think if the vin started with 1HD i would have no problem selling it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I think if the vin started with 1HD i would have no problem selling it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think you are right.

I am in the process of trying to sell a custom softail myself. The biggest issue I'm finding is that nobody will insure the damn thing without a LOT of paperwork and correspondence with the original builder. Funny enough both the insurance companies and the bike builder have fees for that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
181 Posts
How much is a new one. Try the dealer, see if they will sell it for you. My last 2 bikes I sold. I kept in front of my house. I live on a busy street. I got a lot of crazy people calling me with Craigslist.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Selling

I would think eBay would give you the widest market. CL, you'll get a lot of tire kickers and dreamers. Have you looked in to any of your local bike forums and/or CycleTrader?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I honestly think this is the best place to sell a used bike.

Power Brokers, Inc.

In peak season (early spring) it is not uncommon for them to sell 20 used bikes on a weekend.

Their average cut is $400. Too bad they are not local to you, they move an amazing amount of bikes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts