Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the best security chain on the market? I don't care about weight or cost so much as I care about brute strength.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
The best chain, is just that..........heavy chain. I have a length inside a bicycle innertube, to keep it from scratching anything.

My neighbor used to tell me, "Locks are for honest people."

He's right.......

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,186 Posts
One thing for sure, no matter how heavy it is, if they cut it off a roll,
it's the wrong chain.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dog to alert...Shinken, draw and cut neck 1/10 second...Glock 17 draw and drop with some sound 1.5 seconds....Black Widow recurve, classic, with thunderhead broadhead, 3 second lead to place blood trail in yard, quiet, unless your get a gut shot. Steel landscape shovel from AM Leonard will quickly produce hole....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
COMMON GUYS. In Germany, I can't break out the 1911 to teach a lesson. Chain recommendations, chain recommendations.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Just make it harder to get than the bike beside yours. I use wire rope/cable.
D
PS If they want it, its not going to matter what you have.Just take longer

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,186 Posts
Kryptonite w/o a doubt IMHO.

They come in 3 foot and 5 foot lengths, even 5 feet is too little to go around a post and some part of the bike easily.

I recommend getting a pair, 2 5 foot chains and 2 locks, that way I can use one lock on the end of the chain to make it a lasso around a post, then it gives me 3 feet of reach with the free end, the second lock and chain actually secure the bike to the first set.

Too much to carry.

I got 4 sets of the 5 foot chain w/lock to leave one at work chained to a post, the other at home.
Nobody's gonna steal the one I leave in place at work.

I paid about $99 for each chain + lock setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts