Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37,000 Posts
I like it, maybe if they made the muffler section a little bit upswept.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it, maybe if they made the muffler section a little bit upswept.
I think in the article they said they specifically didn't so that you could still have passenger foot pegs and saddle bags. I think there point was to make it appeal to as massive of a market as possible. I just can't believe they got 24hp increase that's insane

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Killer of Souls
10,865 Posts
I don't care if it made 50hp. It is fugly! Just my .02, but fugly just the same. If I need more HP and speed I will buy a zx14... just sayin.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I don't think it looks as good as a thunderheader, i would like to see some dyno #'s comparing the two.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't care if it made 50hp. It is fugly! Just my .02, but fugly just the same. If I need more HP and speed I will buy a zx14... just sayin.
I tend to agree, but I really like the concept for someone who wants as much power as possible from bolt on stuff. Like Zeta said though, I'd like to see what a t-header actually makes on the same setup. I'd really like to see what a Vance n Hines competition series 2-1 makes because it is very similar to that exhaust.

·
Killer of Souls
10,865 Posts
I tend to agree, but I really like the concept for someone who wants as much power as possible from bolt on stuff. Like Zeta said though, I'd like to see what a t-header actually makes on the same setup. I'd really like to see what a Vance n Hines competition series 2-1 makes because it is very similar to that exhaust.

While I see what you are saying... you need to bolt on a lot more. Better stopping and suspension come to mind. The dollars start to add up quick. Like I said if I want speed out of the box I will look beyond HD.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I see what you are saying... you need to bolt on a lot more. Better stopping and suspension come to mind. The dollars start to add up quick. Like I said if I want speed out of the box I will look beyond HD.
Fair point. You have to bring that speed to a stop somehow but.... Unless you change the gearing, you will never really be going much faster anyway. The gearing allows you to go to 130 so let's say for arguments sake that stage one could get you to 130mph. My bike right now goes 120 with a little left, and a stock Sporty probably goes 110-115. So really, your only getting up to say 80mph quicker, not necessarily going faster overall..... If you have a Roadster with dual fronts with some thicker fork oil and spacers out front, and some cheaper shocks out back, I think someone could assemble a pretty safe powerful setup on the cheap. I'm not disagreeing with you per say, just throwing the other side of the argument out there...
Better brakes as well as tunable shocks and forks would, even on a stock bike, of course be a zillion times better.

·
Registered
37,000 Posts
Sportster brake upgrades are easy enough.

If the new pads don't do it for you, you could do a conversion to either the:
1) Brembo calipers from the touring and vrod bikes, or
2) Nissin calipers from the XR1200

VRod Brembo caliper - 44732-06a
VRod Floating Rotor - 44405-07
VRod Caliper Banjo Bolt - 41752-06a
Lyndall Gold pad - 7254
Goodridge Brake Hose Ebony
Goodridge Banjo Fitting 10mm 90*
Goodridge Banjo Fitting straight 3/8" 10mm
Goodridge copper crush washers 10mm

If you are going to be using a 1200R (Dual Caliper 1/2" bore) Master Cylinder 45052-07A, you will want a 12mm banjo fitting instead of the 10mm.

HD XR1200 Nissin RH side caliper 42944-08
HD XR1200 Nissin LH side caliper 42943-08
HD XR1200 FRT Master Cylinder 5/8" bore 42941-08 (with silver lever)
HD XR1200 FRT Master Cylinder 5/8" bore 42941-10 (with black lever)

Will need 12mm banjo fitting with the XR1200 master cylinder as well.

Will not need to change rotors when using Nissin calipers
(although floating rotors would be nice if you're going to all this trouble).
Brembos use a slightly larger rotor than stock Sportster.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think there are MUCH better looking 2 into 1 exhaust systems than this one. I'm a traditionalist and like staggered exhaust on sporty's but that's just me. However, there are some 2 into 1 exhaust systems I have seen that look really good on a 48 but not on other models

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I think there are MUCH better looking 2 into 1 exhaust systems than this one. I'm a traditionalist and like staggered exhaust on sporty's but that's just me. However, there are some 2 into 1 exhaust systems I have seen that look really good on a 48 but not on other models
Yes sir, that bobcat looks awesome on a 48....

·
Poser
4,426 Posts
Clean your stock air filter,
clean and re-gap yer plugs,
$110 gets ya the X14ieD's for some fatter closed loop AFR on the EFI scooters....

Go do Dave63's stage one bafflectomy,,It's a sticky,,

Then learn exactly where the power band is on your Sporty and learn how to clutch
off the line and shift at max Torque and save the Thou a proper stage one costs..
That's more beer money XD

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clean your stock air filter,
clean and re-gap yer plugs,
$110 gets ya the X14ieD's for some fatter closed loop AFR on the EFI scooters....

Go do Dave63's stage one bafflectomy,,It's a sticky,,

Then learn exactly where the power band is on your Sporty and learn how to clutch
off the line and shift at max Torque and save the Thou a proper stage one costs..
That's more beer money XD
My man osco is back!!!!
Nice to hear from ya!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts